We stayed at the Grand hotel Giessbach ( my family , friends and me ) on August. The hotel is the castle of the fairy tales. Big, but not impersonal.
We spent there three days but if we knew how beautiful it would be, we would have reserved for more days.
Everything was excellent: the bar with the piano, the billiard room, the tennis courts ( they do not charge neither the rackets, nor the court, everything is for free ), the swimming pool.
The internet access is, also, free.
The breakfast is very rich ( and if you want something more, let us say not hard boiled eggs, they prepare them for you, the way you prefer them ).
If you stay for three nights you can get a better price and if you stay for five nights even better.
There are so many things to do there, so you will not be bored. A hotel worth staying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very warm welcome, dear guests - come in, enjoy the moment, and marvel at one of the most tremendous views in Europe. Be inspired by the charm of a true Grand Hotel and experience a sense of living history in one of the best preserved hotels of its time. From the moment you set foot in the Grandhotel Giessbach, you will find yourself in a world of unique splendour and elegant sophistication. It embodies the romance and charm of glorious bygone times. Today, just as it was one hundred years ago, the historical hotel residence, by the celebrated silvery Giessbach Falls, high above Lake Brienz, is quite simply a world of its own. Surrounded by mountains, forests and alpine meadows, with a breathtaking view of the unspoiled landscapes of Lake Brienz, this hidden oasis lies far away from everyday bustle and traffic. Relish the chance to unwind in this friendly and hospitable oasis, far away from everyday hustle and bustle. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grandhotel Giessbach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandhotel Giessbach Hotel Brienz
- Grandhotel Giessbach Swiss Alps