We have stayed at the Grand Hotel Giessbach several times, the last time in 2012. It has got even better than it was, especially the breakfast. The last time we were there we were impressed to have a written note from the manager saying how pleased he was that we were staying there again. The lady in charge at reception was most hlelpful. I had had a tick bite and she phoned a doctor so that I could enquire as to the best method to proceed. The food in the restaurant Les Cascades has got better, and the service is very pleasant.
I saw this hotel before it was reopened and I can only say that Franz Weber deserves a lot of credit for having reopened it. I love the nostalgic feel of the place, together with modern conveniences. The only thing I would have liked in the rooms is the possibility to make tea or coffee, plus to have WiFi. We will certainly go there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very warm welcome, dear guests - come in, enjoy the moment, and marvel at one of the most tremendous views in Europe. Be inspired by the charm of a true Grand Hotel and experience a sense of living history in one of the best preserved hotels of its time. From the moment you set foot in the Grandhotel Giessbach, you will find yourself in a world of unique splendour and elegant sophistication. It embodies the romance and charm of glorious bygone times. Today, just as it was one hundred years ago, the historical hotel residence, by the celebrated silvery Giessbach Falls, high above Lake Brienz, is quite simply a world of its own. Surrounded by mountains, forests and alpine meadows, with a breathtaking view of the unspoiled landscapes of Lake Brienz, this hidden oasis lies far away from everyday bustle and traffic. Relish the chance to unwind in this friendly and hospitable oasis, far away from everyday hustle and bustle. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Grandhotel Giessbach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandhotel Giessbach Hotel Brienz
- Grandhotel Giessbach Swiss Alps