“O.K. but disappointed”

Cross street: Hilderbrand Dr. NE
Atlanta, Georgia
“O.K. but disappointed”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My wife and I decided to try this restaurant because their web page describes this as a "fine dining restaurant". We were disappointed because it was just an average restaurant by our standards. The flat bread and platter of basil leaves, cheese, butter, radishes and nuts was very good. My wife had the lamb kabob and I had the shish kabob, with the meat on the shish kebab being fillet mignon. The meats on both platters were tough.

We went here early evening in the middle of the week. Shortly after our server brought our food to our table she put our check on our table and we never saw her again. When we were finished no one came to follow up. We finally got someone else to take our payment.

Like some other previous reviewers, we felt prices were a little on the high side, especially for the quality of our main meals. But because the quality of our meals were only fair we probably will not go here again anytime soon.

• Visited February 2013

Dunwoody, Georgia
“Great Value-Excellent Food!”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I visited Fanoos, today, for their lunch buffet.
What a truly wonderful experience.
The atmosphere is truly unique and relaxing.
The food was absolutely delicious and we couldn't resist going back to the buffet and eating more food than we usually consume.
The owner visited our table several times to ensure that everything was to our liking.
Fanoos will definitely be a place that I will visit not only for lunch but also with our couples group for dinner.
I read where Fanoos has belly dancers and other entertainment on the weekends and can also accommodate large wedding and spercial occasion parties.
This restaurant is now on my "radar screen" when I am looking for great food, a pleasant atmosphere and terrific value.
I don't usually write reviews but I wanted to share this well kept Atlanta "secret" so that others can have a similar experience.

F. B.
Dunwoody, Ga

• Visited October 2012
Marietta, Georgia
“don't pay the extra for lamb shank”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We come as a group from our office for lunch and it is a buffet and it is a disappointed.
There are only a few items on the buffet table for the $12.00 lunch is a very stiff price.
My friend who was there before told us there is a lamb shank include in the buffet but we did not see it on the table so we ask about it. The waitress told us there is extra charge to get it. We agreed. for a group of 6 we told them we want to have this option. After a long wait, she told us, we can only have 2 pieces of lamp shank and we will have to share..... We were disappointed.
I don't know how good they are at dinner when there are dancer, music .... as they advertise on the website but for this lunch ..... sorry, I will not come back

• Visited October 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
“Delicious food with entertainment”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We went there for dinner last night. I am so impressed I HAVE to write a review for them.

Outstanding customer service(our glasses were never empty and the waitress Melat was extremely sweet and helpful to recommend dishes and how to enhance the taste of our food; every servers who came along to either fill the glass or remove empty dishes had a friendly smile and asked if we need anything), delicious food ( I had the Chicken with ground beef kabob-deliciously seasoned; delicious warm bread), and huge portion(the crispy rice appetizer was the size of some restaurants' regular entree portion, nine big chunks of chickens and at least 9" long ground beef). All these with entertainment!!!

After reading negative reviews about this place we were hesitant to go there and thought we
could used up the coupon for their buffet lunch then we did not need to worry about poor
service. So we went there last Sunday for the buffet. When we arrived at their opening time
the buffet was not ready but the owner was very friendly and invited us to sit down. While we
were waiting the staff who came by were friendly and we noticed the decor is nice and airy.
When we found out there are belly dancing on weekends, we decided to go back on a Saturday evening.

We are sure glad we did that. We are definitely going back for more and more and more!!

• Visited August 2012
“Flying flys”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Took a friend there for lunch on Tuesday. Sorry I did. There were more flys circling the food than I had ever seen circling any garbage can. We did take a look at the menue before running out of there, and they sure are charging top dollars for their garbage.