“Fun birthday venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rumi's Kitchen

Rumi's Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Rumi's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 120 Restaurants in Sandy Springs
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hilderbrand Drive
Atlanta
“Fun birthday venue”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I planned my husband's milestone birthday celebration here. It's one of his favorite restaurants. He had not been since the location changed. He enjoyed the new space. Happily, the food remains top notch. Reservations are required, as well as valet parking (not my favorite thing). We had a party of six, with one addition. They were able to easily accommodate the addition, but made us wait some time until our party was all assembled. This place is always busy. We weren't the only birthday celebration in the house that night. But they politely accommodated the birthday cake we brought in and recommended an appetizer sampler that was great.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Pretty place pretty people Persian delight”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

After I complimented the owner about the delicious ghorme subzi ( sorry spelling?) I asked about the unusual herbs. He sent our waiter to the kitchen and brought a large container back for us to taste and smell. I told him how I dated a guy from Iran and how his mother would send dry herbs for my boyfriend to use in his dishes here. The owner smiled and gave me the herbs as a gift. The entire experience was like being in an upscale California kind of dreaming place that catered the exotic for the adventurous. Loved it!

• Visited August 2013
“At home in the kitchen”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

What a pleasure it is to visit with Rumi's kitchen. The new restaurant is a real joy. New building. But still the same wonderful food. I can still taste the hummus and the bread--still warm from the oven. An order of badenjoon blends the flavors of the eggplant, beef and special sauce. Add the rice and spices and you have another wonderful meal from the kitchen. I ordered a special appetizer -lamb sliders - mini wraps with their bread , topped with a dollop of ground lamb garnished with tomato and onion, mmmm's mmmm very tasty, served hot off the grill and a. Man sized portion. We passed on dessert as we had ample food with the hummus and other dishes. The service was friendly and efficient as usual. Always a joy and now with the new facilities, even better.

Ennice, North Carolina
“Wide Variety of Gluten-Free Options”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This restaurant gets rave reviews on a regular basis, but for me, a diner who has to eat a gluten-free, this place is heaven. There are so many things to choose from, which is a welcome change from other restaurants, even the fine dining places.

We started with hummus and eggplant appetizers. I couldn't have any of the yummy-looking bread, but after asking for some raw veggies, I dipped and dipped, and enjoyed each one, along with the dish of feta, walnuts, and herbs. For entree, my husband ordered the filet shish kabob and I ordered the lamb shank. Both were delicious, my lamb so tender it was off the bone with a mere tug of my fork. From our window table we watched other plates go by. Broiled salmon, grilled shrimp, all fragrant with spices and herbs. I could have ordered either of these entrees, both gluten-free.

Dessert was a special treat. My husband had the Persian version of an ice cream sandwich, and I had a native specialty called Faluda. It combines rose water syrup and crunchy thin rice noodle pieces. It was served with a dish of tart cherries, which when added to the faluda, gave a perfect balance to the sweetness of the rose water syrup. It was unusual and something that I intend to order every time I visit Rumi's. Which I expect will be every time I visit Atlanta.

This isn't a quiet place. There are lots of families and groups. But, the food is so suburb, it's something you can put aside after the first bite of your meal.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Always Great!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Went to Rumi's last night to celebrate my birthday. As usual the food was great. Excellent quality, large portions at a reasonable price. Service staff also has a we want to make you happy attitude. I have been to Rumi's 10 to 12 times and have never been disappointed.