“Will not recommend”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Behind Whole Foods Sandy Springs
Transit: Marta close bus stops very close by.
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Seating too close, service was ok,looks like the food was just thrown on the plate, cold and missing some taste.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Any time I am asked to go out to eat, Chef Rob's is my first choice! I have taken friends there who visit from out of town and they have all loved it. The food is great, the atmosphere is great and the service is great!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been to this restaurant at least 30 times since it opened, I am a regular. I travel for a living, but I always eat here when I am home. I crave it when I'm gone too long. The main restaurant is casual, It is small and not ideal for serving large parties. The hookah lounge/bar area is larger and more upscale. The restaurant is a nice place to relax and visit with your family and friends. Most of the members in my immediate family choose to eat their birthday meals here.

Going to Chef Rob's requires taking time to dine. This is the highest compliment, not derogatory at all! It is by far my favorite Caribbean restaurant. Most entrees are prepared when ordered. Items like oxtail need to cook a while and taste better if not prepared when ordered) I appreciate that I have never had a bad meal here and the freshness is guaranteed every time.

My favorite server, Lisa, always remembers what each family member prefers and even what we like to drink. She is awesome. Please remember that there is no sense of urgency in the service because it is a laid-back place with food cooked to order. Chef Rob himself may be cooking or wandering around the place from time to time. Sometimes he greets us at the door. This is not a chain restaurant! Thank God!

My sons get the curry goat and oxtail every single time they go. I get the Mango Chicken. I am a picky eater and I stick with what I like. My mother tries everything on the menu, one item at a time. Her favorite so far is the Mango chicken, substituting the chicken with fish. I believe it is the house-made mango (chutney/salsa?) they put on top of the meat that makes this dish so awesome. Get the coconut rice, it is awesome! The plantains are always perfect. Mom likes the black beans too.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

This restaurant has had excellent Caribbean food since it has opened and still does. The jerk chicken is delicious. They recently opened an attached "upscale lounge" next door, which I gather is causing noise issues at dinner. So if you want to go there for the food, I recommend it for lunch. Quiet, delicious, relaxed and good value.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I must say as a fellow West Indian Brooklyn girl where Chef Rob is from I was very dissappointed with the service. I had very high hopes for this place as I had been there in the past and loved the food and the recently added on lounge. I liked it so much I decided to have my birthday there which was a party of 35 people. I was told the private room could hold up to 35 however, was shocked when I arrived to see it was not even a private room and it I could hardly comfortably hold 20 let alone 35. In addition, other guests who were not with my party had to walk through and in between my party to go to the bathroom not mention the Hooka station which was not being used was in the way as well. They made no plans for my party of 35 they did not move any tables or have enough chairs.I called for this reservation 2 weeks in advance yet when I and my guests arrived they were not prepared. I had to request 2 more waitresses so my guests could stop complaining about the wait to order. In addition, their staff is unexperienced and slow. They are not able to think on their feet or handle large parties. After all this, the manager nor the owner himself even came over to say hello or apologize for the HORRIBLE service. I had to request his presence. This entire experience left a bad taste in my mouth. After 50 minutes I had 2 people from party actually leave without getting their food. I had planned for my party to transition over to the lounge once dinner was over however, it took this slow unexperience waitress 45 minutes just to get the checks. She acually brought the checks one at a time! When we finally transitioned into the lounge the music was horrible. They tried to compensate with a free bottle of wine and a free section but it did not matter people were annoyed as was I. There was no saving it. I would never hold a party here or recommend this place to anyone even though the food is good. They have put NO effort into customer service at all and do not seem to care as this was back Labor Day weekend of 2013 and it is now OCT and I just had a friend place a catering order and he is furious with their service. He also said he went for lunch just 2 people and the service was still HORRIBLE! STAY AWAY!!