“Fabulous Food, Wonderful Wait Staff, Depressing Decor”
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House - CLOSED

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Ruth’s Chris Steak House of Sandy Springs welcomes you with old-world charm and an air of casual elegance. Ruth’s Chris of Sandy Springs features our expertly prepared USDA Prime steaks served sizzling on a 500° plate and an award-winning wine list. Deep forest greens, accents of burnished golds, rich burgundies and two-story-high windows dramatically flank the main steakhouse dining room and provide the perfect atmosphere for a romantic steak dinner, business lunch or private party. The restaurant has seven private dining rooms that offer a variety of dining options for 10 to 60 guests. Whether it’s a business dinner, a social event or a special celebration, Ruth’s Chris Sandy Springs can accommodate your needs.
Reviewed June 7, 2014

O.K, Ruth Chris.....your food is fabulous, your wait staff was and is always wonderful, but really, it is time to update your atmosphere in Sandy Springs. Actually it is past time. From the dead or dying potted trees by the valet area to the dated furnishings, the atmosphere is totally lacking. Otherwise, I love this place just for the people that welcome you and ensure that you receive a great dining experience.

Patrick D, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent dining experience. I'm thrilled to hear your review of our food and service, and I certainly understand your criticism of our atmosphere. We are actually in the process of addressing that, and just announced that we are moving the Sandy Springs restaurant to Alpharetta this fall.

The new restaurant will be a beautiful estate-like facility, and while we hope you continue to dine with us here in Sandy Springs until we actually do move (and can temporarily overlook the décor), we look forward to showing off our new digs and giving you an all around fabulous dining experience in Alpharetta later this year.

Take care,

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great food, great service, wonderful atmoshphere. Would go back again if I lived closer. We were there for a family celebration with about 30 in the party. All ate different food, and everyone enjoyed it.

Patrick D, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Hearing this glowing feedback is more rewarding than you know, Bonnie! Thanks for the great recommendation. I hope you'll join us for another meal the next time you're in the area.

Take care,

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We had a family celebration dinner there last night. The steaks are wonderful, but they aren't worth the price you pay. I think RC is a better place for business, as clients are supposed to be impressed that you are dropping a little money on them. Yet, for a family, there are too many better priced, equal quality options. But, if you've got a few Benjamins burning a hole in your pocket and you want a great steak, this is your place.

Patrick D, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

We're so glad you enjoy our sizzling steaks, and while I know we are certainly not the least expensive option, I can assure you that our quality is second to none! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and I do hope you'll keep us in mind the next time you have a special celebration or an important business dinner, so we can roll out the red carpet for you!

All the best,

Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I were stuck in traffic and looked up and there was Ruth's Chris. On a whim, we decided to give it a try. Having heard mixed reviews about the chain, we decided to try it anyway. Our waiter was simply excellent and worth his $40.00 tip. It wasn't his fault that the steaks we ordered were almost inedible. The "prime beef" was tasteless and had a strange flavor. Apparently, the chef thought a good drenching of butter would disguise the lack of flavor. My side of asparagus with hollandaise was almost inedible. The large asparagus spears were very undercooked and the hollandaise tasted nothing at all like handmade hollandaise but more like the .99 packages in grocery stores. Blech!
We generally just vote with our feet and don't complain. We seriously wish we had in this instance. With a bottle of wine, etc., our bill was hovering around the $200.00 mark. What?
As other reviewers have said, the building has been in that location for years. Under another name, the restaurant was the location of my husband's company Christmas party in the '80's. Not much has changed with the décor and having to descend a staircase to the dining room wasn't a good first impression for this grandma.

Patrick D, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback. I sincerely apologize that your recent dining experience was underwhelming, though I'm very happy to read your positive review of your server. Please know that we take your comments very seriously, and I have shared this information with our chef to ensure your experience is not repeated. I appreciate that you took the time to reach out to us, and per our recent phone conversation, we do hope you will give us another chance. I'm confident we can "wow" you moving forward!

Much appreciated,

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Ruth's Chris knows how to do it right. Polite staff, but not stuffy. Attentive, but not hovering. Careful to listen to our requests. The food is always fresh and well prepared. It is quite pricey but well worth it for a date-night out. I do wish they would offer mini-dessert cups instead of a whole piece of pie or cake.

I know it's been several months, but I just wanted to thank you for this wonderful feedback! From our attentive service to our fresh and delicious dishes, we're so glad you enjoyed your night out with us. We'll definitely take note of your suggestion about offering some smaller dessert options — thanks for the feedback! We hope you'll dine with us again soon.

Cheers,