“Dinner with Friends”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Ruth’s Chris Steak House of Sandy Springs welcomes you with old-world charm and an air of casual elegance. Ruth’s Chris of Sandy Springs features our expertly prepared USDA Prime steaks served sizzling on a 500° plate and an award-winning wine list. Deep forest greens, accents of burnished golds, rich burgundies and two-story-high windows dramatically flank the main steakhouse dining room and provide the perfect atmosphere for a romantic steak dinner, business lunch or private party. The restaurant has seven private dining rooms that offer a variety of dining options for 10 to 60 guests. Whether it’s a business dinner, a social event or a special celebration, Ruth’s Chris Sandy Springs can accommodate your needs.
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We made our reservation online - which was very easy. I noted requesting we dine closer to the top of the hour that would be great. Due to traffic we knew we would be 15 minutes late, called the phone #...and all you get is an answering machine. Who knows how often they check it. Arrival - valets...were great! Quick upon arrival and departure. We arrived to have the hostess tell us our reservation was closer to the top of the hour like I had noted. I said no, you will seat us now, as no one called me to advise of this time change. We had a really nice dinner, never felt rushed. Was not a loud restaurant so coversation could be heard by all. Holiday parties were happening, but it was a lot of what felt like nonsense foot traffic...people would come down the stairs to the back room, then minutes later go back up, then come back down, then go back up. It was a bit annoying, like the guests or even restaurant didn't know where folks should be. Would I go back...yes - food was delicious. Have the best credit card ready!

Patrick D, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for this feedback. I apologize for just now responding, but this is the first time I'm reading your review. Overall, I'm glad you had a very pleasant experience with us, though I'm concerned that you got our voicemail and not a person on the phone. Please know that this is not our standard (nor is changing guest reservation times without prior confirmation), and I will be sure to review your feedback with our host team.

I do appreciate you mentioning that you never felt rushed — we always want our guests to leisurely enjoy themselves! And I can sincerely appreciate your comments regarding the foot traffic. During holiday party season our two story restaurant can get a little busy and confusing for guests when there are multiple events going on at the same time. This is something we'll be cognizant of moving forward. Have you been back to see us in the New Year? We hope to see you again soon!

Much appreciated,
Patrick Donahue, General Manager

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Went here Thanksgiving. Held to same standards I hold other restaurants. Fair pricing, good environment, good staff, good menu. Being a steak house says limited menu. OK with that. Pricing is out of line with quality of food. Good quality, but c'mon, 43 bucks for filet? 8 1/2 bucks for au gratin potatoes? These prices may fly with some folks, but not me. I think people like to say they went here as if it is a badge of importance. My ribeye, though tasting wonderful and well-cooked was the fattiest I have ever eaten. At 38 bucks a pop it could have been better. Save your money unless you are just determined to earn your badge of distinction and impress your friends. Lastly, staff. While good overall, they were no more professional or better trained than the folks at Outback or Longhorns. We even had to ask twice for our bread and had to search for our drink refills. And, they were not slammed. Oh yeah, valet parking only.

I know it's been several months, but I just wanted to respond to your review personally. We always want our guests to have a truly wonderful experience, so the fact that you didn't think your food was worth the price is disappointing to hear. From our USDA Prime steaks to our fresh produce, we take great pride in our dishes and hold ourselves to a very high standard.

I am particularly disappointed that we failed to make this holiday dinner the wonderful celebration you were expecting. We take your feedback very seriously, and I am sorry that your Thanksgiving dinner was not up to our normal standards of food, service and gracious hospitality. I do hope you'll give us another chance to impress you!

All the best,
Patrick Donahue, General Manager

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The food was the same that you would expect at any Ruth's Chris, delicious. The hostess seemed pretty miserable and the service is what I would expect at a Chili's, not fine dining. Considering the price and reputation you are going here mostly for the service and experience.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Having lived in NOLA and enjoyed wonderful evenings at the original Ruth's Chris, I was leary of trying this chain location. It's in Sandy Springs right outside 285 but we never hear that any locals or foodies dine here. Since we received a gift certificate so we gave this location a try. The interior of this location is sadly dated, the meat is good but not the highest quality and the service had an overdone flair to compensate for the lack of quality. Many cars in the parking area were from neighboring counties which may mean customers came because of the Ruth Chris name. Few people appeared to be locals.

The steaks do come out on sizzling plates which is a Ruth Chris trademark. On the Atlanta steakhouse spectrum this is certainly above Longhorn Steaks but many rungs below the sophisticated interiors, quality of meats and polished service at Chops, Bones, Flemmings and McKendrick's.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have eaten in at least 50 Ruth's Chris world wide. In the 80's I ate many superb meals at the original location in NOLA managed by Ruth Fraetel (sic). The Sandy Springs location is an embarrassment to her legacy. My wife and I attempted to eat there last evening and experienced nothing but disgust. The restaurant itself is early 80's, dark, dirty and depressing.
The table they attempted to seat us at was the worst in the house. Located in the rear of the restaurant near a server's station.
After changing locations we ordered a bottle of wine and upon serving it was poured like a glass of ice tea by our server with an attitude. Salads served warm, lamb ordered medium well served rare, burned sweet potato casserole and a non caring attitude until I erupted. Sorry sorry sorry from the manager. Should not have happened blah blah. Meal comped except for wine which is the least they should have done. Never again will we eat at this location. The founder of this fine chain would have fired everyone on the spot in her day. She would have been enraged, ashamed and embarrassed.