“So many better options”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Ruth’s Chris Steak House of Sandy Springs welcomes you with old-world charm and an air of casual elegance. Ruth’s Chris of Sandy Springs features our expertly prepared USDA Prime steaks served sizzling on a 500° plate and an award-winning wine list. Deep forest greens, accents of burnished golds, rich burgundies and two-story-high windows dramatically flank the main steakhouse dining room and provide the perfect atmosphere for a romantic steak dinner, business lunch or private party. The restaurant has seven private dining rooms that offer a variety of dining options for 10 to 60 guests. Whether it’s a business dinner, a social event or a special celebration, Ruth’s Chris Sandy Springs can accommodate your needs.
Atlanta, Georgia
“So many better options”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Never go here. It is the most dated, run down, depressing steak house in Atlanta - a city with many, many good steak houses. Maybe they are going for an old school atmosphere but what they really have is very poor service, very over seasoned food that is just drowning in butter and oil, and sad and dingy decor. My husband and I were guests of friends or we would have never gone in the first place and this visit was fur sure our last.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Susan T

Dallas, GA
“Colossal Disappointment”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Save your money if you wish to go to the Sandy Springs Ruth Chris. We have eaten at Ruth Chris in Maui, and Kennesaw GA a few times and Maui was wonderful and Kennesaw very good. This place is a joke.

I'll start with our service experience. The waitress came to our table and brought us a gluten-free menu (as we had mentioned we needed one when we called in for our reservation.) They then brought bread to the table and then croutons on my wife's salad (and you know what that means if you are gluten intolerant (or Lord forbid Celiac.) It then went down hill from there. We asked about a special we had enjoyed in Maui and the waitress (a younger lady that I won't name) turned and left the table and a few minutes later brought a special menu for the "prime time" deal <a main course, side, and desert.) Then she got very impatient with me as I asked her questions about some of the menu items. I thought that might be alright when we were about to drop at least a little over one Ben Franklin there. I decided to only go with the lamb chops as I was taken aback and did not feel like being affronted or rushed.

Then my wife asked for a steak knife after our meals were served and the other more experienced waitress (so we assumed) came over and brought us each a steak knife and said "you don't need one" and then mumbled something about "protocol." Now my wife was really ticked at that comment. We both kept our cool though. A gentleman sitting one table over though soon complained to the same waitress and said, "we've been here 40 mins. and still have yet to get our food. We will be leaving if it's not here soon."

The lamb I had was ok (tasted good) but was really tough and very fatty.
My wife's steak was ok, but not great and her potatoes were mediocre at best.

This meal was our diner for Valentine's so I apologized to her for my bright idea of taking her to this Ruth Chris.

Do yourself a favor and find another place to eat if you are in the area.

• Visited February 2013
BLOOMINGTON
“Pricee but awsome food.”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had the Pork Chop Dinner and it was cooked to perfection. All food items were awsome and cooked perfectly. The price was a little above our budget but we were pleased with everything else.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank James W
New York
“Great food - 1980's interior”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Went for a birthday dinner. Food and service very good. Steaks of the best quality and prepared as asked. Very good appetizers as well. Excellent cocktails! Only issue is that the interior is very dated and needs to be refreshed.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank FrequentTripster
Orlando, Florida
“Just Bad”
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Steaks were cold - no sizzling plates -- onion rings for my son were burnt - mushrooms were raw -- our server was horrid -- manAger never stopped by --

Gone down hill !!! Too expensive for those mistakes --

This location needs remodeling -- we see them going under soon --- no one is ever there !!!!

My husband said longhorn would have been btr and thier steaks are gross :/

1 Thank 99beachgal