“Great meal”

Emidio's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Emidio's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 120 Restaurants in Sandy Springs
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Decatur, Georgia, United States
“Great meal”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have come to the conclusion that Portuguese is one ethnic food my family agrees on. We have only eaten it out of town but decided we needed to find a place closer to home. Sandy Spring's is a little far for us in town folk but decided to take the the trip OTP and it was worth it. The Sangria was fantastic! We appreciated the attentive service and relaxed dinning. As the other reviewers have said there weren't a lot of people there. I hope they get the crowd they deserve. The apps we had were the mozzarella ( tasted fresh) and my husband and daughter split the sausage - they were both very good. My kids both ordered off the menu and they were very accommodating. My son had the vodka sauce on a seafood pasta and my daughter had chicken alfredo. My husband had the seafood stew and although he expected it to be more "stew like" it was good. I had the paella which was very flavorful. The portions were large and we have lots of left overs. Desert was tiramisu and flan which were both really good. I loved the strong coffee that finished the meal. I can see us making the trip to Sandy Springs again for another really good meal.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Beachgoer1966

Atlanta, Georgia
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our first visit to Emidio's was actually a double surprise. A friend who had dined there a few times had said great things about it, and when we arrived, on a Tuesday evening there was only one other couple there. Our server, who was very attentive, said he was surprised with the small attendance as well. It did allow us to have a nice talk with the owner/chef.
The food and the serviceable excellent. Our experience might have been different with a full house, and we intend to go back with a group of friends to check it out.

1 Thank boat66
Maia, Portugal
“Sabores lusitanos em Atlanta (Lusitan flavours in Atlanta)”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

A good choice for every one that loves to enjoy a good meal!......

The Portuguese Hospitality is the "host" for some of the most traditional portuguese foods. With the necessary touch to please any American!....

It was a pleasure to taste "Portugal" and smell "Madeira" in USA.

Obrigado.....

2 Thank Fneriteixeira
Birmingham, United States
“Just like being in Portugal”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We are lovers of all things Portugese and am ashamed that despite living only a mile or so from Emidio's, we only just discovered it. My Wife, son & I went on a rainy spring night and had such a great time we'll be sure to become regulars. As is typical with a lot of Portugese food, the dishes are not very refined, but more a style that I'd describe as complex rustic food.
I started with a house made sausage, similar to Chorizo, but not quite as heavily laden with paprika. It came flambé style and was simply sliced. My wife had shrimp in a tomato garlic sauce and was delicious. For entree's I had a pork dish with clams, potato and pickled vegetables. It doesn't sound very appealing but was DELICIOUS! My wife and son shared a spaghetti with seasonal vegetables that turned out to be in a very delicious cream sauce and again was DELICIOUS! We chose to drink a great dao wine which was very, very nice. The waiter was amazing, very friendly in a typical Portugese way, even though he wasn't Portugese. The owners chatted with us for a while and again, were extremely nice. Overall a great meal and brought back fond memories of vacations spent in Portugal.

1 Thank Iain B
Atlanta, GA
“Excellent food - very hospitible”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Enjoyed Emidio's for dinner 4/27/13, Salads were good and dressing was excellent. Mussel's in spicy red sauce were very tasty (sauce was really good). Main courses of Talapia and rib steak was also very well seasoned and cooked to perfection. Owners are very hospitable and made us feel at home. We will be back.

• Visited April 2013