“Extensive Buffet”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was finally able to try out this place on a Wednesday during lunch. It is close to work and I had been hearing about it for some time. I went alone around 1:00 pm and was promptly seated. The place is very nice, clean and spacious. The buffet is very extensive with a huge sushi collection. I tried both the sushi and the warm bar and was very impressed. Everything I tried was good and tasty. The price was $18.95 plus tax and well worth it. The service was great, especially good with how busy they were.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a must stop for us when we go to ATL, however the last two visits have been a little off, with both visits being months apart.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely AWFUL CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE. LITERALLY THE WORST. I decided to take my significant other somewhere "nice" on Saturday November 10, 2018. After perusing google for what i had hoped would be an authentic Japanese dining experience i came across Nori Nori.After driving 35 mins into Cobb County we arrived to a crowded restaurant which has signs up stating "pardon our dust" as they were in the process of painting walls and remodeling floors. The fact that i had to view open ceiling panels and exposed concrete floors was a cake walk compared to the horrendous level of disrespect and disregard we received not only from wait staff but from the manager (Gabriel) and the owner ("Mr. lee" who wasnt even professional enough to grace an unhappy patron with his presence.) Anyway.... Upon arrival we were asked to wait 5 mins to be seated. That was no issue... The problem is that after the wait the inexperienced teenage girl who was on duty as hostess seated us at another couples table while they were in line at the buffet. She asked us what we would like to drink and gave us the ok to go ahead and start getting our plates. As i return to what i thought was my table i realize the young black woman whose shoes i complemented in passing near the wasabi was planted there with her boyfriend. She looks at me and immediately understands the mistake. "They sat you at our table, didnt they?", she asked. I replied "Yes". The young lady informs me she told the server what had happened. She also told me the server was supposed to be finding somewhere else to seat us. I thought to myself well how when they hadnt even found ME...? After getting the scoop on how they had been experiencing poor service since walking in I decided to make my way back to the hostess stand. With a plate of sushi in my hand and the entire restaurant gawking at the large black man who was CLEARLY annoyed i complained that my date and i had been seated at another couples table. The hostess hardly apologized and quickly removed empty cups from another table and wiped it off for us to sit at while it dried..... After eating my first plate i notice another black couple was being seated beside us. After they had gotten up to grab plates from the buffet line ANOTHER black couple was seated in their seats. Mind you, the lady had left her purse hanging on thethe arm of the chair. It took a full 3 mins before wait staff figured it out amongst themselves. At this point im seeing that there is a significant difference in how the staff is caring for BLACK CUSTOMERS. Not once did a waiter come back to the table to check on us or refill our drinks. We actually had to stop someone and ask. Once we had finished eating we decided to complain and asked for a manager. Gabriel (a slender Asian man. Well groomed. Soft spoken) saunters over and patiently listens to the issue. He stops me in the middle to assure me that this is a family establishment and they cater to all customers accordingly regardless off race or gender or anything like that. Its clear that he was able to deduct exactly how it came off because i hadnt even finshed telling him the levels of disregard we had experienced. My significant other asks that something at the very least be removed from the bill. Gabriel (the manager) explains that he doesn't have the authority to alter the bill and he would have to have the owner Mr. Lee come over and talk to us about it. After another 7 mins of waiting and watching every employee from wait staff to sushi chef be alerted and look directly at us as though there is an issue Gabriel saunters back to our table and apologizes for not having the authority to make any changes and tells us politely that MR LEE says no..... I informed Gabriel that i would be leaving this scathing review for Mr Lee and Nori Nori on Google and Yelp and any other site i could find and with every ounce of rich black b#*×h i could muster counted out the bill from a wad of cash and left..Never EVER AGAIN NORI NORI.

DanP3393, Manager at Nori Nori, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello, I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact us at info@norinori.com so we can further look into and discuss the situation. Thank you.

Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

They are in the process of remodeling, so perhaps a little forgiveness. Health Department rating at the front did not coincide with what I saw in the kitchen at the end of the buffet line. Not sure why I attracted so many mosquitoes during my meal and one to go when my check came. and hopefully the urine odor when you walk in the door will be gone after remodeling. I will give them another try after remodeling is completed.

Reviewed September 21, 2018

The selection of sushi is great and it was all tasty and fresh. However, I wasn't impressed with the other options. The hibachi and udon was disappointing, as were the tempura dishes. Dessert options also left a lot to be desired. Probably wouldn't return, especially considering the cost.

Date of visit: January 2018