“What a great day out”

Delta Force Paintball Holmes Chapel
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Brereton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Delta Force Paintball Holmes Chapel is in Cheshire is located just off the M6 and offers customers the ultimate paintballing experience. Frequently used by Premier League football teams including Manchester United and Manchester City, Delta Force in Congleton has the reputation of being one of the UK's best paintballing venues. In addition to the action-packed game zones including villages, and graveyards there are spectacular focal points in the base camp including a genuine WWII Bofors Anti-Aircraft Gun.
Reviewed March 29, 2012

OK, so I got stitched up and ended up taking my friends children when my friends cried off, but what a great day out it was. All my fears about the youngest were unfounded with the way the staff ran the whole centre.
Can't wait for next time.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"challenges"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed February 6, 2012

My son and his friends, who are usually all football fanatics and are rarely not kicking a ball about, have not stopped talking about this his 11th birthday party, I wish I could have taken more kids along. They were all put on the same team, enjoyed working together and really enjoyed the game where they had to get a briefcase from a tent. His team won in 2 mins and the instructor said it was the fastest time he had ever seen, which made the boys proud. They demolished the very reasonably priced pizza in seconds after working up an appitiate running round and when the terminator tried to take his pizza the boys thought it was hilarious. At the end one of the instructors allowed the boys to have a picture with the M16 guns and in my sons words, "that was very cool". The boys have lots of exciting memories and photo's to last a lifetime. Looking forward to the next trip. The Delta force staff on the day helped make it a fantastic experience and every aspect of my booking was handled professionally and efficiently. Great service, great staff, great day.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

We visited Zuluwood, for my son's 11th birthday with 6 of his friends. We were very impressed with the organisation, the whole thing ran like clockwork with regular announcements from the manager & assistant manager. The marshalls were all extremely friendly and helpful; they went out of their way to reassure me when I admitted I was concerned about the boys' safety/welfare. The emphasis on safety is really good at Zuluwood though, so on reflection I really had nothing to worry about. The pizzas went down a treat with the boys - great value at £4.99.
Make sure you take sturdy shoes (walking boots were voted the best option by the boys) and old clothes. You come out pretty smelly/muddy so a change of clothes is a good idea. The paintballs are expensive, best to buy them in advance and ration them out for each game if you don't want to fork out too much on the day. You can stay in base camp if you're not actually playing. There's free tea/coffee available all day, but no drinking water for the kids (I hope they will change this at some point - as it's thirsty work!)

Overall a fabulous place for a kids' birthday party (adults would have a 'ball' here too) - they came home very tired but happy!

Reviewed October 17, 2011

My ten year old son requested a paintball party and by chance a friendly guy came round selling IPG VIP paintball vouchers. Ten tickets for £60. We rounded up a few friends and booked the day. The booking agent was pleasant and helpful and explained the whole day. There is a £10 per person charge for the first 100 paintballs with a free 100 balls at the end game.
Our party was one adult, three teenagers and six ten year olds. On arival we were given a number and kitted out with overalls, body armour and masks. There were lots of people on site some of which looked very serious! However when we were given our team colours we were matched with a younger team as opponents. The sefety briefing was taken very seriously and we were left in no doubt about how important the game rules were. We were assigned a pair of marshalls who took us to the game zones and refereed the combat. They were excellent, explaining clearly and emphasising the safety rules with great patience with the kids.
Between each game there was a break with free coffee and tea available while the site shop sold snacks and pop as well as the all important paintballs. As you can imagine, a bunch of Call Of Duty fanatics are quite trigger happy and most managed to use up a hundred balls in the first two games. A thousand balls can be bought for £70 and I guess that this is were they make their money but that's fine as the service aspect of the organisation is brilliant.
Three more games and then it was lunch time. Allthough there was food for sale there was no problem with bringing our own.It really is a full on day and soon we were back for two more games and the free hundred balls makes for a thrilling fire fest in the last game!
All the equipment was excellent with the occasional gun malfunction being dealt with quickly during the game.
All in all we had a tremendous amount of fun for under £300. It DOES hurt and I still have the bruises but that just adds to the experience! The staff are friendly and really keen to help, the whole day is well organised and the competitions exciting. I would definitely recommend Delta Force at Zuluwood for parties and I'm sure we will go back!

1  Thank Tim C