“Great lunch”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Marina Dr and Fj Torras Cswy
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Nice place next to the marina! Had a nice lunch after our fishing charter. Great calamari and choices of sandwiches and entrees!

jeff m, Owner at Coastal Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your lunch and your stay in the Golden Isles...Hope to see you again soon.

Jeff

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were seated at a nice window table overlooking the marina. We went on to have a wonderful meal. There are nice touches. The wine menu is grouped into loose categories according to price. Very unfussy, but easy to find a wine at your price point. Servings were generous, tasty and a very good value. What really set Coastal Kitchen apart for me was the service. The basics were covered such as prompt service, full water glass etc. Beyond that, it was as professional as any really upscale restaurant. It's the little things like not being asked who get's what, they keep track and just give the food and drink to the proper person. All the servings in each course were delivered together. No salad now and another in a few minutes. The last, an old fashioned touch, I'll admit, is that my wife was served first and then me, every time.

1  Thank Kevin D
jeff m, Owner at Coastal Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Kevin,

Thank you so much for the compliments. We work very hard to give everyone an amazing dining experience. Hope you enjoyed your "Island Hopping". Thank for you support and we hope to see you again soon.

Jeff

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Wife and I dinner on a Saturday night. weekday night and lunch are a better choice. Busy but organized staff where most pleasant. lovely setting over looking the Marina and marsh. Indoor or outdoor seating both are good. Menu interesting; Paella, Gumbo, and Shrimp + Scallops where the best choices. Salads small and not the freshest, they forgot the dressing.
They do cattery to large groups that can be a bit loud or obnoxious. entertainment; dueling pianos; awful .Singer on other nights great. Overall better than average.

1  Thank bristolroad
jeff m, Owner at Coastal Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thanks for the review. I appreciate your kind words and also constructive criticism. For the record the Dueling Pianos act was good on the previous night but the exact opposite on the night you were there...He has been cancelled for next month....I am so sorry about the dressing on the salad and have spoken to the chef about double checking everything before service. I truly appreciate a review that is properly critical yet polite at the same time. Too many times people blurt out rude comments and if you read my replies I have decided to simply be rude back. Thanks again for your continued patronage and we hope to see you soon.....Jeff

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had heard great stories about this restaurant so we thought we would give it a try. Our server was new. She failed to bring rolls and butter and did not inform us of the nightly specials. We did not know there were specials until we heard other servers explaining the nightly specials (we had already ordered). My wife ordered paella and I ordered fried shrimp. We should have known not to order paella. It tasted like it was prepared from a box. The shrimp were good but nothing to brag about. Everything was overpriced compared to other restuarants. We had to catch our server to order another glass of wine. I recommend making a short drive to Darian or Shellman Bluff Georgia if you really want good seafood.

3  Thank swinney

I sent you a message to try and find out who the server was and you never replied. I noticed the same review on my open table site. I have tried to be proactive and fix the problem and use the mistake of the server as a learning tool but you did not have the courtesy to reply. This is rude on your part...you come to my business, are not happy, tell the world how bad I am, then don't respond when I try to fix the situation....SHAME ON YOU!!!For the record we have a scratch kitchen and nothing comes from a box...

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was our last night here in St. Simons and we are very happy we chose the Coastal Kitchen and Raw Bar for our dinner! We had never been here before. Right from entering we knew it was an excellent choice. The decor is perfect -- light, airy, beachy and clean. (Some other local places are still so very dark inside, like a throwback from the 70s and 80s and haven't been cleaned since!) The staff was very attentive and they showed great teamwork -- helping each other deliver our drinks, etc...Our kids were welcomed and they have a children's menu like most area restaurants. I ordered the scallops and shrimp entree. It was very tasty and cooked well. My husband had the grouper and thoroughly enjoyed it. They have a full bar that was very active and alive with people having a good time. We will absolutely put this restaurant on our list for our next visit to St. Simons!

jeff m, Owner at Coastal Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Wow!! Thank you so much for the kind review. We work very hard to provide an awesome experience and try to have fun while we are doing it. Thanks again and hope to see you again soon.