“I just had to try this..”

Southern Soul Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Scottsdale, Arizona
“I just had to try this..”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I just had to try this BBQ stand. It has a whole bunch of atmosphere. You see the smoker smoking away to one side. The location is at a roundabout. A covered patio that you can't miss from a mile away. It is always crowded and the locals told me I had to try it. So I did. Parking is a tough, but sometimes think that is a good sign, right? You walk in and place your order at the counter. I had the pulled pork and my friend had the BBQ ribs. We made our way to the patio area. You have to listen carefully because they yell out your name on an intercom (sometimes in a silly way) or just simply as they walk out to serve you your food. This is all part of the charm. There is a basket with a selection of BBQ sauces in squeeze bottle to choose from. Honestly, I thought the food was okay as were the sauces. I loved the hype leading up to it but thought the pulled pork was a wee bit dry. A week later I tried the BBQ ribs and it was ok but not wow. Heads up...you will smell like smoke if you sit outside and their is a good wind. The good news, the meal was priced just right.

• Korean first
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Best BBQ I ever had!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My family and I decided to go for some real southern BBQ. We ordered the pulled pork, brisket, and chicken salad sandwich. The sides we chose were fries, mac & cheese, okra and slaw. We loved it all. The portions were huge! The sweet Georgia BBQ sauce was to die for. We will try to go back before vacation ends to get one last taste of BBQ perfection!

Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

After reading about this St Simons Island restaurant and hearing about its reputation we decided to visit. The smell of the barbecue is very inviting but the food was unfortunately disappointing. My chicken was pale and lacking flavour. However my husbands barbecue ribs were much nicer and the sauce was good.
The cafe is very basic (plastic knives and forks, paper plates, eating benches etc).
If you want basic food at a reasonable price then this restaurant will suit, but we were unimpressed.

1 Thank Sue L
Milner, Georgia
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Love the food at this place. The barbecue is consistently very good and the sides are great too! The place is small and cramped inside so sit outside by the smoker lol.

“Wow! Great Bar B Que”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Wow! Great Bar B Que - just the right amount of smoke, great bark and awesome sauces. Brisket was smoked to perfection and the pulled meat will melt in your mouth. The staff is friendly and the food is served fast-n-hot. Make sure to try the Brunswick Stew which has just the right amount of spice. Limited seating indoors and outdoors. One bench is next to a smoker - too hot for summer and the smoke will irritate yours eyes. Don't miss this place for it is well worth the trip.

Visited June 2014