“The BEST”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We love SSI and have gone to Southern Soul BBQ since they opened. Can't imagine a trip to the island and not going there! Great food all around! I love their Pig Sandwich and homemade potato salad.

There are newer reviews for Southern Soul Barbeque

Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Ribs were good. Pork was tender. Collard greens needed pepper sauce. A little hard to find since it sits right on the edge of the traffic circle it is in an old gas station.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The first time we went to Southern Soul was 2 yrs. ago. It was good and I wanted to go back. I finally made it back and it was better than the first time. The Brunswick Stew is wonderful. I could eat it everyday.Everything else that we've tried is really good. We had the Philly Soul and the brisket plate for lunch. We took the bbq pork, ribs and smoked sausage home for dinner. I really hope I don't have to wait another 2 yrs. to eat here again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Take the short drive off I95 and visit SSB. You will be glad you did. I had a burnt ends sandwich. It was BBQ perfection. Reasonably priced and service was quick. The Mac n cheese was really good as well. Loved the hot BBQ sauce. .

Reviewed July 27, 2013

it seems a bit strange eaten bbq on a seafood island, but it is great! they tend to run out of ribs, so go early. the burnt ends are also very good. prices are very reasonable.