“Best BBQ!!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have been visiting St Simons for over 5 years now and once we found Southern Soul we were hooked. It's the one thing I will make sure to eat while I am there and the one thing I crave when I am gone! Best pulled pork sandwiches and the burnt ends are to die for...go get some!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,173)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a tight schedule to keep and other reviewers made it seem like long waits were the norm. We were there on July 4th, so I was afraid we might miss our connections but the strong smell of smoking barbecue won us over. The aroma was too wonderful to drive by. We stopped, found a parking lot in the back and walked right in. We knew what we wanted as we had looked at the menu on line and our order was taken right away. They warned us it might be a 30 minute wait, so we knew what we were in for. About 20 minutes later, our food was brought to our table and we ate. The brisket was the best I ever had, truly. The ribs were great. I do think my Mom made better brunswick stew, but it's not bad. Chicken was good and the chili was relish. The waitress gave us a sample while we waited. Guess we looked famished!! I think the staff should be praised because they work non stop and hard and never once did I see on attitude, exasperation, or anything other than great service. I don't think I could be that cheerful on a hot day in a crowded , fast paced barbecue joint. No, I don't know anyone who works there. They were just great. It is a do again for our family.

2  Thank LStravels0407
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have had barbecue for many years being that I'm a seasoned 50+ lady. This by far is the best barbecue I've had at ANY resturant. We had to go back on day two of our trip. Really the food was very tasty!

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We were here on 4th of July and even the long line did could not drive us away! The ribs are some of the best I've ever had...fall off the bone good! The Mac n cheese was delish, and we got some pimento cheese to go...just like granny used to make! Everything we tried was good...they just need more tables!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Although I'm a vegetarian, I knew this was going to be a place my husband would love. I did, too. Great grilled pimento cheese sandwich for me an enormous brisket sandwich that my husband loved. Skip the fried okra- seemed like the frozen variety. The mac and cheese was solid.

1  Thank carolbrady01