“food is great and so much of it”

Southern Soul Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed June 5, 2012

the barbeque is so fresh and the meat is so tender. Several flavors of sauce. We eat here every time we come to St Simons and my son lives at St. Simons and eats here every week

Write a ReviewReviews (2,152)

Reviewed June 3, 2012

My mouth starts watering when I pull into the parking lot, this is by far my favorite BBQ joint. The staff is friendly even when they are slammed packed. Worth the wait, I love the brisket and mac and cheese, YUM..

Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is what BBQ is and should be in GA. The pulled pork is actually pulled, not shredded or chopped and is smoky. You can see the grill they cook it on right out front. Sweet GA brown is great, no need to even try the others. One of the few places I have had good brisket in the SE although once or twice it was a little dry but usually good. Ribs are excellent as well. Fries are great, other sides are pretty good. For as good as everything else is their Brunswick stew isn't that great. Maybe they will improve their recipe soon. This place used to be sort of a dive but has taken off past few years so be prepared for a crowd.

Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

I think Southern Soul may be a bit overrated? The pulled pork was good, nice and soft, but it didn't really have a lot of flavor. I added some of their sauces to it but they were nothing extraordinary. Everything was good, and I would go again, but I don't think its the best barbecue around.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I always get the pulled pork sandwich bc its sooo good but i hear all the food is good. They smoke the meat right outside. Atmosphere is laid back and most seating is outside. If u come during lunch time expect to wait....everyone else wants to eat there too!