“Best Chrsitmas ever.”

Iguanas Seafood Restaurant
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Went down to Saint Simons for Christmas and i found this restaurant and I fell in love. Out of our 4 day stay we ate there everyday. I would highly reccomend this restaurant to anyone. On day one I had lunch I had a fish sandwhich, my mom had the shrimp poboy and we loved it. Day 2 I had the surf and turf and my mom had the scallops and it was unbelieveable. Day 3 I had the shoomezella burger and my mom had the fish sandwhich. Day 4 I had the soft shell crab and my mom had fried shimp. All of the servers were all in the holiday spirit and they made out Christmas extra special. And the shrimps really are the best.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,785)

Reviewed December 5, 2010

i absolutly love iguanas seafood restruant. my husband andi only eat there when we visit st. simons island.we will not go to any other restraunt. sertvice is awesome,veiw is wonderful,staff is very nice and out going. the managment is great.i think the inside and outside of the resteruant are beautiful.they have an awesome menu. the food is great.we come from long island new york to vacation on st simons island. we looove iguanas. it is the the best on the island.highly reccomend to eat there.

Reviewed November 28, 2010

The blackened grouper sandwich was delicious and gigantic. We live in coastal NC, but this is the best grouper sandwich we've ever had--hands down. Kudos.

Reviewed October 23, 2010

Lindsay our server was the best ever! The staff was very attentive and even invited our dog to dine with us on the patio! As we dined on the patio everyone walked by and stopped to talk to us. We are from Chattanooga but it felt like home

Reviewed September 13, 2010

I joined friends for a long weekend on Saint Simons. Of the three seafood restaurants we visited, Iguanas was by far the best. We ate on the patio out front and enjoyed the view. The server was efficient, friendly, and very nice. The red haired manager came by our table to make sure everything was ok, and he was delightful and pleased at how much we enjoyed the evening. It was evident that this is a well managed restaurant. I ordered the shrimp, and as described in other reviews, it was lightly battered and cooked to perfection. It is not Calabash style (which I also enjoy a great deal), but is a larger shrimp with wonderful texture and flavor. It came with sides, one of which was a flavorful baked potato. I requested extra "real" butter and sour cream, and it was brought with a smile. It wasn't a tiny pat of butter, but a nice big chunk. A friend of mine really enjoyed her oysters. Do yourself a favor if you visit St Simons: don't assume Iguana's is a Mexican restaurant. It serves the best seafood on the island.

1  Thank Ashley341