“GREAT shrimp!”

Iguanas Seafood Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I am from the area so I've had fried shrimp from all over... and this was some of the best I have ever had. Tasty! Great food, good atmosphere, and good service. Free soft serve ice cream!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I went back to Iguanas on my last visit to St.Simons in late July. While you would think Iguanas was a tourist trap being located in an area with lots of shops and tourist attractions I was wrong. I ordered a shrimp platter and crab cakes. Both were excellent. This is not frozen food but fresh shrimp prepared in a variety of ways. All were excellent. Some of the best I have ever had. Also the crab cake was outstanding. The staff was nice and the restaurant was fun for our kids. Highly recommend Iguanas for casual dining with excellent food.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

The service was very good. Our sea food was very good. The chicken tenders were delicious. They offer free soft ice cream. Great idea for the kids.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Our waitress told us that the fried shrimp from Iguanas had been voted best in the area (a shrimp haven). I would like to add my positive vote.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great food, great service, and great atmosphere sitting outside on the covered patio. The free soft serve ice cream was a nice bonus. Prices are a little high but for they area and type of food it was not surprising. The broiled shrimp was delicious.