“Lunch Visit -First Time”

Iguanas Seafood Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Reviewed July 24, 2014

First visit, had a late lunch of appetizers shared with my wife. The shrimp combo platter and crab cake were the choices. It was good, not great, but we may be getting spoiled with the fresh shrimp we get in St. Marys!
Great service, fun, pleasant atmosphere, and the ice cream bar was an unexpected bonus!
Would like to return and try one of the entrees!
The drinks are excellent!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and kids really enjoy eating here. My husband likes the shrimp and the kids like the free ice cream and the decorations. It has a fun atmosphere and great service. This is the first restaurant my daughter wants to come to when we visit the area and we usually don't agree on places to eat.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

There's nothing like great seafood when you're visiting the beach and on St. Simon's, this means you HAVE to go to Iguana's. I live here on the Island, have the pleasure of recommending places to eat to my guests that stay at the Inn where I work, and I always enjoy Iguanas myself when I am out or family comes in to visit.
Great service, great prices, great food, great laid back "I'm on Island time" environment. Always more food than you can eat, (when was the last time you could say that?), always done as you request and as you'd expect; this place just hits the mark every time when you want something simple like a couple of crab cakes or a fisherman's platter with all the fixin's.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Very friendly staff, David (or Dave) our waiter was great. Love the inside, very colorful. The lighting was great, not dark, which is always a plus. We had bacon wrapped shrimp as an appetizer; awesome! I had shrimp and crab cake with fries and hushpuppies, roll me out, because this girl was stuffed! I completely forgot what my husband ordered because I was enjoying my meal to even pay attention to him. Ha. Then to top it off, free soft serve ice cream. Definitely will return on our next trip to St. Simons.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We sat outside and watched the rain while having the best shrimp I've ever had. We had both fried shrimp and broiled shrimp. The crab soup was amazing as well. The fish was a little dry to my taste but everything else was just amazing. Friendly service and they sat is very quickly.

1  Thank camlajw