“Best fried shrimp!”

Iguanas Seafood Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had the fried shrimp lunch and the shrimps were large and fresh with a light breading. I don't remember eating better fried shrimps. We also had oysters and they were very fresh. I loved the place and the service was fantastic. I will definitely recommend this place and will return on my next visit to the island.:0)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,871)

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Overpowering salt and grease. We tried many places over our stay and took this one off our list did next time. Service was decent though!

1  Thank northernstar94
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Wife and I were staying at Sea Island and decided to venture out to neighboring areas. After hours of exploration, we were starving and wanted good seafood. Not knowing the area, we went to tripadvisor for help. We came across Iguana's, rated #7 on the island known for its fried shrimp. With hundreds of reviews and an overall 4.5 star traveler rating, we figured we couldn't go wrong. The environment is casual and fun, less than 10 minute walk to the pier. The food was amazing. For $30 bucks I had fried shrimp, blackened scallops, and blackened Redfish. Everything was great! They serve shrimp in a variety of ways, so starting with the shrimp sampler is definitely a winner. They are ranked #7 but for the quality and price value, I think they should be more like #1. Check them out, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Wife had read about Iguana's fried shrimp and wanted to try. We were not disappointed. The shrimp coating was very light and the shrimp were of good size and excellent tasting. Had the combo with crabcakes and wished I had stuck with the shrimp alone. Wife liked the oysters she had ordered.
Atmosphere is beach bar and so not where you want to go on a romantic date.
Service was good.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We went here for a late lunch after enjoying the Colonial Trolley Tour. We all had the lunch special, GA shrimp. They are offered three ways, fried, grilled or blackened (I believe). Everybody in our party ordered their shrimp fried and everyone moaned with joy upon tasting. Shrimp are served with a homemade remoulade sauce, slaw, hushpuppies, and choice of sides. Then they invite you to enjoy a self-serve ice-cream bar after the meal. We didn't have room left to indulge, but it's a nice touch. Staff was very friendly. Will return and will recommend.