“Keeps winning best fried shrimp - and should”

Iguanas Seafood Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
london
“Keeps winning best fried shrimp - and should”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I keep meaning to try something other than the fried shrimp whenever I go but I just don't want to miss out. No wonder it keeps winning awards. So so good. And for families, well for everyone, they have a free ice cream machine in the back with hot caramel and chocolate sauces and all sorts of toppings. It keeps the kids very happy to be able to make their own desert and very quiet as they eat it. Me too.

• Visited September 2013

Florida
“Fine casual dining”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Fun, casual atmosphere. My husband had steamed oysters and because they were small, he received 15-17 of them. He said they were very good. He had them with a side salad. Being vegan, I wasn't sure what I was going to have. Our waiter was very accommodating and went along with all of my requests. I had a salad big enough for four people! They have a large selection of craft beers. We sat at one of the high top tables near the bar. It was a great spot and we enjoyed ourselves. I would go back there again.

• Visited September 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We just happened upon Iguanas when shopping one late morning and were very much impressed with the menu choices and service. We had just planned to have drinks but stayed for a complete meal and loved it. Sat at a table outside and enjoyed great weather. Our server was excellent, very helpful, We both had seafood. My husband, a beer expert, was very pleased with their selections and I had an unusual mixed drink that was so good I ordered another! We will definitely go back to Iguanas. Glad we discovered it by happenstance!

• Visited November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great seafood!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The fried shrimp was the best I've ever eaten....cooked to perfection. The wait staff was efficient and friendly and the owner came over to our table and welcomed us to the restaurant. The price was right. The food was delicious and the ice cream was on the house. The owner said we would be back and he's right. On my next trip to St. Simons I will return.

• Visited November 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“A yearly event”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We make it to Iguana's each February for lunch as part of our annual girl's trip! Always delicious and always great service!!!

• Visited February 2013