“our first trip to St. Simons Island”

Iguanas Seafood Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Augusta, Georgia
“our first trip to St. Simons Island”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the manager, Wanda, of the Sea Gate Inn. She said the food was good, reasonable and had a free ice cream setup.
We found the place to be clean, busy but very accomodating. The shrimp my wife had was excellent. I had the fried fish with fries which was good but not great. For dessert we had all the ice cream we wanted, no charge.

• Visited September 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great people!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I are Georgia natives, both raised on the coast and grew up eating great seafood. So, we are picky about seafood restaurants and usually leave disappointed. This was not the case at Igunas. We loved everything! (we ordered the fish and shrimp) The homemade dressing and remoulade sauce was so yummy!

My fiancé convinced me to sit at the bar, and I'm glad we did! The bartender's sense of humor was awesome. Don't miss this place if you are on SSI.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ragan L
“Best shrimp on the island!!!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have been there numerous times and have always had excellent service. I love the atmosphere. This is by far my favorite place to eat on the island!!!

• Visited June 2013
Newnan, Georgia
“The place to go when at Jekyll”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Every year I go to Jekyll for a conference and make a point to go down a couple of days early and head to St. Simons to Iquanas. Have never been disappointed. It is great food and the portions are abundant. If you go with someone you could share a meal. Had the blackened scallops, they aren't too spicy but are tasty. Then a free ice bar which is perfect. It is down at the St. Simons Pier so after you eat you stroll a couple of blocks to the pier and watch the world go by and walk off your dinner. Worth the drive if you are in the area.

• Visited August 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Local Flavor”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Really friendly place ! Excellent service, Food the same , really enjoyed the Shrimp! Free Ice Cream, how can you go wrong !! Enjoyed by everyone at our table.

• Visited March 2013