“Our favorite 'best'”

Iguanas Seafood Restaurant
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Billed as having the best shrimp on the island, we heartily agree. We love Iguanas, and this visit we stopped in three times, twice with visiting family. We were never disappointed and neither were our guests. Our favorite is the blackened shrimp and the house remoulade. Sooooo good. The lunch special with half the shrimp is a good value, but for a real appetite for it, the dinner portion is very satisfying. The fried oysters were proclaimed outstanding, and the spaghetti with alfredo sauce is to die for. It is a grandchild's all time favorite, and after having a taste, it's easy to see why. The alfredo sauce is buttery and smooth and wonderful. The soft serve ice cream machine is a hit with kids, but nice for adults who can control a portion for just enough to finish on a sweet note. The staff is as friendly as they come, owners often present and determined to please every customer.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

Went to dinner with my father this evening. Five minute wait for a table, but we spent that watching the game at the bar. Alicia and Elizabeth were our servers and instantly established a rapport. They explained this was the first night with a new menu and were very knowledgeable about the entrées. The menu seems great but I can only say the grouper and crab cakes are excellent and who can complain about complementary ice cream?
Throughout the meal we were surprised how almost every employee stopped to see if we were enjoying everything. We expect that from our servers and hopefully the manager, but the food runners and hostess too? My father commented that we could eat out every night for a year and not receive such good service.
Nonetheless, special thanks to Alicia, Elizabeth, Alice and John for a most memorable evening for my father and I. I know we will always return when in the area.

1  Thank honestashol
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We went to Iguana's for dinner. I had surf and turf; the shrimp were the best I've ever had. The only complaint we had were the green beans that came with my dad's meal- he said they tasted like canned (as opposed to fresh or even frozen). But the rest of the meal made up for it.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

excellent location on St. Simons and the fried shrimp are as good as they say they are -delish! The atmosphere leaves a bit to be desired, but don't let that keep you from going there- the shrimp are worth it!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Food is average except for shrimp that have been voted best on the island at one time or another. Service is ok, food is ok. Convenient in the pier Village