“Disappointing - I expected more”

Crabdaddy's Seafood Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2014

In town for business, I stopped in for a quick dinner at the bar. I had the shrimp and grits. The patron next to me had fried shrimp and broccoli - I think he got the better meal. The grits were ok, the shrimp were nothing special, and the "sausage" tasted plain and as if it had come from the local grocery...too much "gravy" (sauce) in the meal.....bottom line, I expected more.

Service was good at the bar, however.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed August 16, 2014

They have great specialty items. The Shrimp and Grits was wonderful. Then we saw many orders going out for dessert. When we asked, we were told it was bread pudding. Yes, a specialty! I am not a bread pudding fan but we decided to try it. WOW. It was great. Worth "saving room" for.

2  Thank Jaf1591
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We were first time patrons. We wanted to try some of the appetizers. We tried 3. They were good but very small portions. We were not offered bread with our food as all other patrons had with their food. The waitress brought us water and asked what we wanted to drink and I told her mine and made a joke but she never asked my husband so he had water. Overall not a great experience

Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is only our second time to St. Simon's Island, but Crabdaddy's has become a perennial favorite. We love the crab cake appetizers and any of the entrees with grits is delicious. I had the Shrimp and Grits specialty and it was a huge steaming bowl of shrimp, grits, and sausage that was really large enough to share.

2  Thank LuckyTravel4_2_24
Reviewed August 11, 2014

If you are looking for a solid seafood dinner in a beach town, look elsewhere. The menu is full of fish entrees covered in uninspired sauces. Prices are high for the quality, atmosphere is tired.

Look elsewhere.