“Good food and great service”

Crabdaddy's Seafood Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We are staying at the Grand and walked here without a res around 8:00 PM. Wait was short. The food was very good and fresh. Our waitress was outstanding - good service and sincere. We had tuna - excellent, chicken parm - 19 yr old hates seafood and ordered this and loved it, burger - all good for the 9 year old. Two year old had beans/rice....My husband had the scallops - large serving and enjoyed it. Sadly, they don't offer a few basics for our American kids (fries or Mac/cheese) which would have made ordering for them a lot easier (i.e. no complaints by little ones).

1  Thank Melissa S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,140)

Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband, two younger daughters, and me stumbled upon this restaurant on accident. We were coming back from the beach earlier in the afternoon, and I spotted the sign. I had suggested maybe we should try this place for dinner after we cleaned up from the beach. We decided to go out to dinner here, and arrived around 4:30 pm. However, we were disappointed because we were told they didn't open until 5 pm.

We had our minds set on this place and decided to drive around for a bit and return. When we returned close to 5 pm there were already people there waiting for them to open. We went inside and the hostess remembered us from before and said welcome back. She said she would call us when our table was ready. She was so thoughtful and had put in a reservation for us without us thinking about it.

As soon as it was 5 pm they started seating people, and before you knew it every table was taken. We were just fortunate that we showed up before they were officially open for business, or else we would have been waiting. The staff was friendly and our waitress was great. Even with as busy as they were she was attentive and efficient.

My husband ordered the scallops and they were melt in your mouth great! I ordered the special of the day which was snapper in vodka sauce and it was excellent. The snapper was so flaky and the sauce was not overbearing but complemented the snapper perfectly.

My daughters of course ordered just a cheeseburger. They usually don't eat a whole one so we only ordered one. The waitress was so wonderful. She had the cheeseburger cut in half and placed on separate plates before bringing it to the table.

My husband and I did order a couple of mixed drinks. The drinks are potent and slightly on the expensive side. Although Crabdaddy's is more on the expensive side the food is excellent and I felt we got our money's worth.

When we left there were so many people waiting for tables, and the parking lot was full. People were driving around looking for places to park. Therefore, make a reservation if you want a table, or do what we did and get there before 5 pm.

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

This is a must-visit restaurant. The whole experience was amazing!! Delicious salad, unbelievable crab cakes and they take reservations! Best restaurant we visited while at St. Simons Island!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were glad we had reservations because at 5:45 pm on a Thursday night, Crabdaddy's was already packed. Loved the Blackened Grouper with Crawfish Sauce and cheese grits. I also really appreciated their salad dressings and yeasty, yummy rolls. I'm only sad I didn't save room for the bread pudding!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

It was OK at best. Vacationing we had heard from several people on the island that this was the place to go for seafood, so we were expecting something really good. The atmosphere is a cross between Red Lobster and Roadhouse grill (two places I don't like), The furniture was old and worn, the carpet was dirty with bits of food all over the place. II'm willing to sacrifice atmosphere for good food, so I put my first impressions aside and ordered. My wife had crabcakes, that were average at best, could have used a little more seasoning and a little less breading. We both had spinach that obviously came from a can. She had corn that also came from a can. I had red snapper that was obviously undercooked towards the center but done on the edges. I sent it back after the waitress agreed that it was inedible. What she brought back was the same piece of fish but had been put in the microwave (instead of starting from scratch). Now the undercooked part was done, but the previously edible part was overcooked and tough. I ended up leaving over half of the fish on the plate. Please note that we didn't have anything that tasted bad, but we didn't have anything that would make us return either.

2  Thank Leon W