“Overrated but decent”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had heard nothing but how fantastic this place was. However, we thought our meals were very average. The menu was pretty small. I had blackened red fish and my wife had the mahi mahi. Everything was good just not over the top. Huge line to get in and it is rated as the best around. We enjoyed other places even more.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This a family operated restraunt . Take special pride in both service and preparation . The fish dishes are outstanding. You will also love the deserts. Get ther early the place fills up quick. They cook to order and are happy meet your dietary needs. It is rare to find a place where they really care about costumer service.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was my first visit to St. Simon's and what a meal to cap it off! My friend and I got there early so there was no wait. Excellent service without being smothered. I started off with the crab soup and oh boy!!! It was excellent...wish I would have gotten the bowl instead of the cup. For the main course I had the shrimp & grits and it was excellent also. The grits were a fried patty (good, but not as creamy as what I was used too) and covered in the best shrimp with Parmesan cream sauce that I have ever put in my mouth!!! Truly delicious! My friend had the grit fritters which were fried and served with a red pepper sauce nod also the shrimp skewers. He enjoyed both and really liked the grit fritters. Overall it was the perfect meal to end our day on the island. I will definitely be back again!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

During our first day on St. Simons, my husband and I checked with local folks on their favorite eats on the island. Crabdaddy's came up more than once! I enjoyed the shrimp & grits appetizer along with fried artichoke hearts. What a perfect combo. My husband opted for the grouper special and a Caesar salad. The fresh fish was cooked to perfection and the salad was as fresh as the fish. Friendly & casual atmosphere. A memorable meal, for sure.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Showed up at 9:45pm on a Thursday night with a group of 12-15. Sign said they close at 10pm, but they told us they were no longer serving. Went next door, which closes at 10pm as well, but they gladly welcomed us in and served us.

1  Thank RussellIrven