“Not so good...”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2008

My husband and I ALWAYS use tripadvisor reviews to help us pick restaurants while we are on vacations across the US. This is the first time I felt I needed to provide a review to let others know that this restaurant is less than spectacular. Unlike most other reviews, I felt the food here was less than average and pricey. Also, after questioning why I would not want my martini "on the rocks" the server seemed put out for the rest of our meal. Furthermore, my daughter's filet was under seasoned and not what you would expect from this scale (price) of a restaurant. If you are looking for an excellent meal for the family, this is not your place. If you are looking for below average food at a premium price this is your place.

4  Thank angdw
Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed June 10, 2008

We were staying in St. Simons Is. and had read a review that the place was great along with the food. Well, the place was great and the food was good but it was a bit high. We tried it we liked it but most likely will not return not in our buget.

3  Thank Helena43
Reviewed February 3, 2008

Awesome wine at the bar, crabcakes & bread & mixture of people!

1  Thank AprilM3
Reviewed September 16, 2007

My boyfriends parents own a condo on St. Simons, so I 've been there too many times to mention. We've tried every restaurant on the island, and I must say that Crab Daddy's is our first stop when we arrive.

Their seafood is fresh, their crab soup is my favorite soup of all time, their bread pudding is awesome. There is nothing on the menu that I wouldn't gladly eat. Although they are located right next to another well-liked seafood restaurant, almost every seat in the restuarant is always full and there are always customers willing to wait for a table.

If you do happen to visit and there is a mix up with your food, or something isn't cooked to your liking, they will gladly take it back and fix their error. I have never had this problem though and if someone who is reading this has, then you were probably being so particular to where they couldn't quite understand what you wanted. The staff is very friendly and most are working on the island and attending college in Brunswick or other areas closer.

All in all, this is a terrific restaurant that I will be visiting again soon.(September 30th for my birthday:)) Thanks for being such an accomadating place Crabdaddy's!

Reviewed August 10, 2007

This restaurant was recommended to us by staff at the hotel where we were staying (King & Prince). Unfortunately, we were very disappointed.

I called the restaurant and made a reservation for a late dinner. When we arrived, we still had to wait quite a while for our table and the seating was terrible. The cushion did not fit on the bench on which I was sitting and it was just very uncomfortable.

I ordered a seafood pasta dish and my young daughter ordered a kids meal shrimp platter. My dish was inedible, to put it mildly. I had them make it with white wine sauce instead of the alfredo that it normally comes with (because it was SO hot I wasn't interested in a heavy alfredo sauce). I took one bite and it was so tangy that it made my lips curl and burn. I don't know if it was the wine they used or the base for the sauce, but it was just awful. Also, my daughter's shrimp platter came only with 6 shrimp and she choose to order a baked potato, which they charged us EXTRA for. So, for $8.95 she got 6 shrimp and a small baked potato. To me, that is not a good value. My dish was $16.00 - and inedible. I picked the shrimp out and a few mushrooms - but the noodles and brocoli were so saturated in the terrible sauce, I couldn't stomach them and felt very nauseous later.

I will say, the waitress was friendly and nice - but appeared to be so busy that even when she asked me how everything was, she barely gave me time to answer and even when I told her about my concerns, her only response was to ask me if I wanted it boxed up. HUH??

I did call back and spoke to the restaurant's manager after returning to our hotel - he seemed disinterested in my comments and recommended I try eating there again. No offer to discount my meal or anything whatsoever. Granted, I was not looking for a free dinner - but considering I left over 90% of the plate untouched, I felt a discount was at least merited.

Disappointing and expensive.