“Super food and service with good management focus” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crabdaddy's Seafood Grill

Crabdaddy's Seafood Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta
“Super food and service with good management focus”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Party of 3 visited without reservations at 6:30 Friday night. We were quoted a 30 minute wait and had a glass of wine in the warm, intimate bar. The selection of wines was good with several good, mid-priced varieties of whites and reds. Table was ready in about 15 minutes in the smallish dining room. The decor was traditional with local nautical prints and heavy wood tables. Our server greeted us promptly with water and drink orders, returning quickly to relate the specials and answer questions. She was able to answer detailed questions about ingredients and preparation and was attentive throughout our meal, pacing the delivery of appetizers, salads, entrees, etc. During our meal the manager and another gentleman another guest identified as the owner circulated thru the dining room checking each table. This was the most impressive demonstration of restaurant management focus and active engagement I've seen in some time. Every restaurant manager old learn from this.
The food was all well prepared, particularly a special grouper almandine dish. The crab cakes and fried shrimp were also notably good. I had read in other reviews about the artichoke appetizer but found to be a little tart. The dessert menu was very brief (creme' brûlée and bread pudding).
I'd highly recommend Crabdaddy's to anyone. In a resort, particularly in a prominent location, it would be very easy to coast on the momentum of out-of-town visitor's business but clearly the management has a clear vision of a nice dining experience.

Amelia Island, Florida
“Make Shrimp and Grits Your Choice!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

A friend that had lived in St Simon recommended that we dine here. We arrived early around 5 after shopping in the village that afternoon and were thrilled that we could be seated-be sure and make a reservation if you want to dine during regular dinner times. It was very busy as we left. Our server was quite good and made wine recommendations as well as dinner suggestions. If anything, I felt she was rushing me. We had been told to have the shrimp and grits--so I chose that with a salad and my spouse had snapper and a salad. The salads were quite fresh--served family style in a large bowl at your table for you to serve yourself. The server suggested mixing the basamic with the ranch dressing which was quite good--a little sweet and tart. The bread was average. The shrimp and grits were outstanding--two sauteed grit patties in the bottom of a low soup bowl covered with shrimp, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and sausage in a delicious parmesan cream sauce. I was concerned in that sauces are not my favorite but it was just the right texture. The portion was quite generous and I took half of it home. Next time, I would consider sharing the shrimp and grits along with a salad and an appetizer. My husband's snapper was hot and fresh but bland after tasting my shrimp and grits. It had no accompaniments...just fish on a plate. We also enjoyed the bread pudding which was delicious. If you are visiting St Simon or on 95 heading to Florida make this a priority. ...have the shrimp and grits. It's worth the detour!!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Best on St. Simons Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Crabdaddy's has always been a favorite of ours, but on our last visit, they seemed to have stepped up a notch. Without a doubt, they have the best seafood on the island, but last night I had their signature filet steak and it was the best steak I've ever had. This was a 8 ounce filet and I got it blackened with a garlic cream sauce. I ordered it cooked medium and it was cooked perfectly. The flavor and buttery soft meat was simply the best. My wife had the sauteed scallops, and they were heavenly, also cooked to perfection. Every entree comes with a tossed salad and your choice of 3 delicious home made dressings. Our favorite was the ranch, but the blue cheese and vinagrette are also top shelf. To finish off the dinner, get an order of their home made bread pudding. Best ever! You can't go wrong here, and my wife, who is a real estate agent, sends all her clients here to eat, and they always come back impressed.

winston salem, nc
“Noisy but a great meal with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Being spring break week, the restaurant was crowded and noisy, but the service was still excellent. The menu was very tempting, and we had fried artichokes as an appetizer - excellent! We both had the seafood specials which were freshly made and delicious. Large enough portions to take some home for dinner the next night. I would highly recommend a visit while you are on St Simons.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Good food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We are traveling back north in our motorhome and our stop for today gave us sometime to drive to St. Simon Island. We were very impressed with the quaintness of the town and the genuineness of the local people. We decided to have dinner at Crabdaddy's. We both shard the crab au gratin as an appetizer - it was very good. We couldn't decide whether to have crab cakes or shrimp and our waiter graciously offered to split the order so we could enjoy both. On his recommendation we chose the blackened shrimp and crab cake and it was a great choice. The service was great and our waiter, Jersey was attentive and helpful, and even took the time to tell us a bit about St. Simon although the restaurant was getting busy. It was truly a very nice experience and a nice break from our travels. Would definitely recommend this to anyone going to visit.