“Delicious breakfast”
Review of The 4th of May Cafe - CLOSED

The 4th of May Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Description: We are a family friendly restaurant featuring fresh seafood and Southern local fare. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. The 4th of May is located in the Pier village area only 3 blocks from the beach. We have pet friendly outdoor seating and take-out is available. Our indoor seating is cool and casual. Stop in for a fresh homemade dessert and don't forget to say hi to Aunt Helen!!
Lascassas, Tennessee
“Delicious breakfast”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and I chose the 4th of May for our first breakfast on the island. They offer outdoor seating and since it was such a beautiful morning we enjoyed our breakfast outside. I ordered "The Best" omelette which consisted of bacon, fresh spinach, fresh tomatoes and cheddar cheese. It was tender and delicious. I also got a side of their home fries. So very tasty! They also serve a perfect mimosa.
My husband ordered a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich which was very good as well. Our server was wonderful and offered great tips about the island. We really had a pleasant experience. There is a neat story about how the cafe got its name. Check out their website. We highly recommend the 4th of May.

Visited November 2012

Bozeman, Montana
“Home Cooking”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

It's like going "home" for dinner. If nothing else ...go in for some dessert! The owner is unforgettable :)

Visited March 2012
“A waste of a dining experience!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My fiance and I had the rare opportunity to dine without our children, and decided to give the 4th Of May another shot. We had dined there about two months ago and loved the food, but our children were clearly a problem, made obvious by our server. Our love of soul food is what brought us back. The food was completely different than our previouse experience, and we were interupted twice during our meal. I talking to those preparing my food, but I did not enjoy being approached while I had a mouth full of food by a large sweating mouthbreather. It was busy and I understand he was working hard, but his breath and body odor literally made my appetite disappear. Even worse, he actually returned later, forgetting he had already checked on us, with the same conversation. Could not even get a word in to politely ask him to leave us alone. The service was no better than last time. One waitress running around while three others stood at the front talking, texting, and laughing. The prices are not bad, but I wasn't happy paying a dime for this overseasoned, overcooked food. And what happened to the broccoli salad??? This place is just a joke!! The positive is that they do sell cookbooks with the OLD recipes. We picked one up on the way out.

2 Thank LPNmomma
Adairsville, Georgia
“A Must If You're In this Area”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you ever find yourself anywhere close to St. Simons Island, eating at The 4th Of May is a MUST!! The breakfast menu is full of choices including typical southern fare as well as local items including seafood! The lunch and dinner menu includes home cooked veggies!! There is ABSOLUTELY NO BAD item on the entire menu!! We have made this restaurant an absolute part of every visit we make to this area. There are cookbooks for sale as well as T-shirts. The location is perfect for walking the downtown area for shopping! Check for hours as the winter season has different hours of operation than the summer.

Visited October 2012
Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
“Excellent Breakfast”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Excellent food and great service. We sat outside and enjoyed the village view. The seafood omelet was delicious, and the coffee was full-bodied. We will definitely be going back.

• Visited October 2012