“Exactly what I had in mind, and great value!”

Beach Club at St. Simons
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I stayed September 9-12, 2010 at the Beach Club at St. Simons with my sister and her two small children. It was exactly what I had in mind for a family long weekend. With the two little ones, it was critical that we stay ON the beach to minimize the amount of time spent schlepping kids and gear back and forth, particularly given that we only had a couple of full days. Our unit, #122, was perfect for us. It was clean, bright, and nicely decorated. The condo seemed to be fairly recently updated and looked nice, but the decor was casual and not so nice that we were afraid to let the kids touch anything. That's the balance I was looking for. The property seemed well-maintained and the landscaping of the courtyard was delightful. The pools and pool decks were clean and there were plenty of chairs to go around. There were also plenty of luggage carts and ample parking. Here and there it was possible to find very small amounts of rust or mildew, but anyone who has lived at the beach as I have knows that this is normal and pretty much impossible to prevent. I found the property staff to be courteous and pleasant, and had no trouble obtaining an extra parking pass when I needed one. I really appreciated the value, too. We considered staying at another resort on the island, but for what we would have paid for a 2-queen hotel room at sale rate there we got a 2br., 2 ba. condo at the Beach Club. I typically enjoy high-end accommodations and definitely appreciate a 5-star upscale room, but for this type of vacation the space and amenities of the condo cannot be beaten. Having the full kitchen was a definite plus over a regular room, especially with an infant. Another plus was that I got the key codes for the gate and condo by email ahead of time, so it was no problem that I arrived at 11 pm. I was able to go right in without having to check in at the office. It was very convenient. I would LOVE to stay at the Beach Club again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank hzrdous
There are newer reviews for Beach Club at St. Simons

Reviewed July 28, 2010

We've been here many times. Great for families or for a group of friends or for a romantic getaway. Private and quiet with a great pool, 2 hot tubs and just a quick few steps to the beach. The Beach Club has nice amenities with the business and fitness center and beach service with umbrellas and catamarand and bike rentals in season. The beach is clean and easy to walk on or just sit and relax. We have always gotten great service here, too. The staff was attentive and quick. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2007

Just returned from St. Simons. While the condo (2 bdrm/2bth) would have been ideal for our family of 4, 2 adults/2 children, there were a few problems with our older unit. Arrived and tile floor was gritty. Called housekeeping and they mopped it up but walking on it even a little bit turned our feet black. No rugs in any part of the condo which may have helped. Mstr bath was large but shower was covered in mildew and the shower was barely a drizzle. 2nd shower spray was stinging. Both bathrooms need recaulking. And, the power failed in just our unit one afternoon but the maintenance had it fixed by the time we returned.

On the plus side the beach was great. Nice and wide in the AM and gone in the PM. Recommend the dolphin tour with Captain John, lots of fun for kids and adults. Turtle tour was interesting but didn't see any turtles the nite we went (make reservations early) Water park had wave pool closed for renovations! Other rides were fun, park was small overall but great for spending a few hours as it wasn't very crowded.

Can't say much for the restaurants, EVERYTHING IS FRIED! Restaurants are empty until about 6:30 which makes it nice if you have children. Shopping is sparse, 2 grocery stores, one which had a lot of empty shelves both times I went there. Fitness center at Beach Club is average.

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank ISOgreatvacation
Reviewed October 29, 2006

Ok,
Honeymoon, garden tub, your own fully furnished kitchen, awsome couch, great pool, peace and quiet and a boiling hot tub. Can I say any more?
Pro's
-Really great for OLDER couples..(Im 27)
-Very relaxing
-the condo is worth the money
-just as pretty as all the pictures
-more room than we needed
-great for families
-fitness center, dvd, vcr, cable, full kitchen, nice towels
Con's
-Bed was a little hard ( got use to it)
-its a condo so you clean up
-beach is more to be desired ( its Georgia not Florida, sand is hard)
-it's quiet ( if thats a bad thing)
-no internet in the condo, but in the bussiness center downstairs

So,
If your a young person that wants clubs, pubs and night life go somewhere else. If you could'nt care less about that, this will be great. This is NOT a hotel, So its literally like living at St. Simons island in your own condo. I had a great time, tried the sea kayaking and it did not dissapoint, next Im doing a half day trip. Try it out....

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank ALEXB16A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Simons Island
Ocean Lodge
Ocean Lodge
#5 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthou...
#7 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
#2 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simon...
#1 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Best Western Plus St. Simons
Best Western Plus St. Simons
#6 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island

Been to Beach Club at St. Simons? Share your experiences!