“Great Location, Great Staff!”

Ocean Inn and Suites
Reviewed July 23, 2012

What a great location for this sweet hotel-you can walk to all the restaurants and shops in the village, also the playground, pool, and pier. It was so convenient to not have to find a parking place-just walk right out of the hotel and you're just a few steps away from the village. The staff here was wonderful-so friendly and helpful!! The pool was clean and refreshing. Our room (the Geechee Suite) was large with comfortable beds. As previous reviewers have said, the breakfast is not extensive, but it was adequate and we focus more on lunch and dinner anyway. Again-we were thrilled with the location and the staff. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The suites are very spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Very nice hotel. The staff is outstanding. Very clean. One of the the nicest most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. I am an airline pilot and stay in hotel rooms all the time, this place is awesome. Great location and fantastic rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is our second stay here. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are very clean and beautiful. I have stayed other places on the island and this is always my first choice. Very convenient to everything in the village and is right across the street from the lighthouse. The only thing they could really improve on is their breakfast. It is pretty minimal, but works. Yes, the washcloths could be a little softer, but they were clean. As with most beach areas the local water has a scent to it which filters over to the laundry.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Ocean Inn and Suites this past weekend in one of their Presidential Suites. We were not impressed with the quality of the rooms or service. While the suite was spacious, they lack a level of comfort. There wasn't a couch to sit on and the televisions were dated. The satellite television did not carry ESPN but I was able to catch up on Ice Road Truckers, not an even trade in my opinion. The bedrooms themselves were small.

The emphasis seems to be on large bath rooms however the bedroom that has an adjoining bathroom was a double bed while the king size bed was across the hall from 500 sq ft bath house. In the mega bathroom, the shower didn't quite work the way it was supposed to. The kitchen was a nice touch but too much space was sacrificed. We didn't cook there but one concern would be that the front door opens into the area where the stove is. It looked like a good way to get burned by boiling water.

All in all, the floor plan was poorly designed and implemented. The furniture was ok and the towels seemed clean but I wouldn't call them "Presidential Suite" quality. The hotel prides itself on their location but parking was always an issue and the views of the lighthouse were great, if you are into that sort of thing.

As for the staff, they seemed courteous enough and perhaps with more training could handle the basic functions of checking people in and out of the hotel. They seemed overloaded with handling the responsibilities of answering phone calls and administering front desk duties. The result was a bottleneck of guests trying to check in and check out. It was not an efficient or smooth process. It created an atsmosphere of impatience that was unpleasant. In fact, they did not even ask if we enjoyed our stay.

In the end, I do not feel as though I got what I paid for. I cannot in good faith recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed overnight on our way to Florida. The ladies at the front were very nice and personable. The room was very spacious and nicely furnished. Everything was spotless and I felt we were being hosted by a courteous and professional staff.

We will certainly return when we can stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Overall for the location you get for the price you pay is great. The free breakfast is a little better than quick grab and go at a gas station. The rooms were clean and the hotel was overall. The only issue I had was with amount of beer being drank by other hotel guest at the hotel pool. Most hotels have a no alcohol sign around their pool, just so they keep with the family friendly enviroment. Besides that it was a good stay, with a great location.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family and I stopped on our way to Flordia. Went out of out way to stay here. The Ocean Inn Suites was a nice place. "But" was very disapponited with the towels and wash clothes. They where very worn,dingy,and thin. I was scared to wash with the wash clothes. They even had a smell to them. It seems to me that a nice place this was, they should invest in new towels and wash clothes.

Room Tip: Ask for clean towels and wash clothes.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

At Ocean Inn and Suites, we absolutely strive to make your stay welcoming, comfortable and memorable for all the right reasons. The acknowledgements and guest feedbacks, which are usually overwhelmingly positive, are to reinforce what we are doing right and what we need to improve. We are also very committed to doing whatever it takes to make it right when a guest is less than 100% satisfied. Dear Prancer98, we want to let you know that we have taken your comments to heart and have already ordered more sets of new towels for the hotel !! If you would have brought it to our attention, we would have gladly changed the towels for you. Thank you for your valuable feedback, we apologize for any inconvenience and we sincerely look forward to seeing you again.
Thank you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Simons Island
0 mi away
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthou...
#7 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
#2 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simon...
#1 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Jekyll Island Club Resort
Jekyll Island Club Resort
#1 of 9 in Jekyll Island

Been to Ocean Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!