“Great food and tasty cocktail!”
Review of Blackwater Grill

Blackwater Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Savannah, Georgia
“Great food and tasty cocktail!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I really enjoyed my Lowcountry Boil at the Blackwater Grill. The restaurant was lively and there were plenty of items to choose from on the menu. I shared a delicious appetizer with a fellow diner, and had a bite or two of someone else's dessert, which was fabulous!
The service at the table was good, but the bartender was NOT helpful at all, and had quite an attitude. We didn't have to wait long for our table, which was a good thing, since the bartender wasn't friendly.
I had a REALLY good champagne cocktail - good enough for me to order two!

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Always great!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Blackwater is one of my favorite places to have dinner. So many great choices and favorites! Service is always attentive and great. Love to bring out of town guests and meet friends here.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MereAnne
Florida
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The menu looked so good that I decided to get two apps as my entrée. I knew I had to get the Shrimp and Grits as this is a specialty for the area. My second choice was the New Orleans style BBQ Shrimp. While bbq shrimp has nothing to do with bbq, I can assure you this was not New Orleans style bbq shrimp. This offering was basically a bath of Worcestershire sauce with too little spice, shrimp too small and not nearly enough butter. They should probably take this item off the menu. Otherwise, the Shrimp and Grits were well presented in an oval ramekin with a square of grits covered with shrimp and appropriate sauce. This was a very tasty dish worth getting again. The gentleman sitting down the bar from me had ordered the etouffee which looked beautiful. The bread provided was a simple white bread offering little complement to the meal. The environment was folksy and comfortable while clearly filled with many locals, particularly at the bar. I would certainly try this place again but I believe it can be a hit or miss situation.

1 Thank cudame
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was excited to try this restaurant out since it was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. They accomodated a large party and was very grateful. The place, however, was dated and the atmosphere was not my favorite. I ordered the cajun rubbed ribs and was extremely disappointed. The menu advertised them as "fall off the bone" and they were far from it. They were so tough I could not pull the bones out and forget even trying to cut the meat with a knife! I did not send them back because my party would have been finished eating by the time I got something else. I ate my salad, dirty rice and bread and was somewhat satisfied. My bill was $25. The service was good considering my large party.
Maybe I should have stuck with the seafood?! I have to go back to St. Simmon's next year for business and it would take a lot of convincing to get me to go back to Blackwater Grill.

1 Thank PennyLane30506
“Overall a good place for good eats”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

In town on business and stopped again at Blackwater Grill. Boudin fritters were very good, crab cakes were much better than other local places. The warm steak salad was an interesting combination. Shrimp and grits are done differently, with a very nice cream sauce, andouille sausage and a grits cake, and it comes together well, delicious. Staff are busy but good. Make a reservation or be prepared to wait - even on a Monday evening.

1 Thank Rosson45