Tripadvisor
Saint Simons Island
All reviews bug spray bird watching helen house cedar house social hour unique place oyster roast love nature baby turtles natural beauty afternoon activities screened in porch go fishing fifth visit great room get away beach chairs
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2020

Our family has been coming to Little St Simons Island off and on for the better part of my whole life (I’m in my late 40s) and our experiences there are unparalleled. No where else in the world is as excellent at accommodating 20 different diets with such superb food, killer activities that accommodate nearly 80 years age difference between grandfather and youngest grand child, and matches the range of activities and relaxation. It’s a gorgeous setting with so much to do you’ll wish you had 5 more days. And the staff is kind, generous, professional, knowledgeable and so so helpful. I can’t recommend Little St Simons Island enough - to anyone... unless you want to be around crowds of people all the time or shopping all the time - then this Island probably isn’t for you.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2019

We stayed in one of the 4 bedroom cottages. Very clean and comfortable. The nature walks to see the eagles nests was very informative. the beach walk with Nate was also very informative. We really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2019

Nature at its finest in a classy rustic environment. Loved the naturalist guides, they are knowledgable, friendly and informative. Food's great, the forest, beaches and wildlife set you back 500 years.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

As a first time visitor to LSSI, but no stranger to Georgia’s other barrier islands, I knew LSSI would be amazing, but it was more than I could have hoped for. The lodge - the naturalists, chefs, office staff, boat captains....all were so welcoming, kind, and went out of their way to make the stay great. There are a good number of naturalists and they communicate with the guests each day to see what activities will work for most; as someone who loves to learn about where I am, this alone made the visit! But at the same time, if you want to explore on your own that too is an option. The scenery, no matter where you are, is spectacular. During winter there were a good number of birds to. Mosquitos are still around, but don’t worry, the lodge has bug spray available at each house. There was rain during my stay, but I brought rain boots with me, made use of the heavy duty poncho available at each house and the golf-size umbrella and went on two hikes with the naturalists; the hikes were fun, informational, and beautiful. The food is amazing and served family style so you feel very at home and with no more than 10 per table you are really able to engage with the other guests. I imagine every trip will let you see things in a whole new way or to discover new things.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank KLM3008
Reviewed November 18, 2019

An amazing trip. The naturalists, chef staff and GM made the trip. We will return. It’s such an easy drive from Jax. The activities were fun and educational. The hiking, biking, and fishing! We loved the fact that we could eat our catches and the food was incredible.

Date of stay: November 2019