“Terrible food, service & ambiance”

Nazzaro's Italian Cuisine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Since 2000, we've been serving traditional and innovative Italian-American cuisine with the integrity and warm hospitality only a neighborhood restaurant can offer. We have since become an Island institution and we are proud of the fantastic following we've had all of these years. If you are new to Nazzaro’s Italian, welcome! We look forward to having you at our restaurant.Want to escape to Tuscany but can’t? Then run over and enjoy our sights, smells, and tastes for a mini escape.When does a restaurant become more than just a great meal? When does eating out become a great experience? From the beginning, our passion for food and wine has guided our mission - conserving traditions and modernizing concepts with quality being our top priority. The waiters and bartenders, whom you will know by name, are always affable and ready to please. The ambiance in our Bar is lively and trendy, as we have always considered social interaction and fun to be an integral part of the dining experience. Come enjoy the warm, comfortable environment that our Main Dining Room provides which invites friends and family to relax and enjoy each other over a great meal, it's a little celebration of the good things in life, every day. Taste the excitement of St. Simons' authentic Italian restaurant. We'll pleasure your palate with a dozen types of pasta dishes as well as sumptuous chicken, veal, steak and seafood. Our tantalizing desserts complete a meal made notable by superb service. Enjoy nightly fresh seafood specials such as Hazelnut Encrusted Snapper, Blackened Mahi Mahi and local Georgia sweet Shrimp.Enjoy our new full service bar with an extensive wine list. Bar Hours have been extended....we will stay open as long as we have bar mates!!!! In addition to a new bar, we now offer an outside seating area. Take out, and children's menus also available. Reservations suggested. We offer a private dining room that provides the perfect setting for your wedding rehearsal dinner, group meeting, family reunion, or other event. Your group of up to 30 can have privacy, and comfort while dining at Nazzaro's.Join us for an unforgettable evening and let your taste buds dance! We welcome you to come and enjoy your next meal with us. We love what we do and so will you!Rich Nazzaro, Co-Owner & SommelierJohn Wirtz, Co-Owner & Chef
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Terrible food, service & ambiance”
Reviewed February 26, 2007

My boyfriend and I had dinner there Mid Ferbruary. The food was terrible. I had a dish with shrimp, olives, tomatoes served over linquine. The pasta was mushy and the ingredients of the sauce didn't blend well. Our waiter was a handsome latin fellow that didn't speak English very plainly. He kept asking me how the red was... what red - the wine. He did recommend the most expensive wine by the glass. No apparently he was asking about the BRead. No hablo. To top it all off we were seated right next to a ten person group of "desperate housewives". They were cackiling and chatting so loudly I could hardly hear myself think. This is not an inexpensive restaurant and not one aspect (service, ambiance, food) was on the mark.

1 Thank lynnylynn

Brunswick, GA
“Authentic Italian Cuisine - it isn't!~”
Reviewed April 25, 2006

The other review (????!) I just think they have not had authentic Italian Cuisine before, wow - that review is a shocker to say the least. This restaurant definitely does not serve food that is prepared fresh there. I am Italian and grew up around many awesome Italian cooks from my grandpa to my great aunts and uncles. I cook just like I was taught, there really are no 'recipes' for any of the sauces, pastas, soups, etc. - it's all in your head, handed down from generation to generation. Both myself and my husband could tell that all of the food from the calamari to the marinara for the (over-cooked pasta, definitely NOT Al Dente) - was pre-packaged, you can just tell. Yes, the atmosphere was lovely and full of ambience - the service was okay (although the waiter was almost like a car salesman - if you know what I mean, he was 'working that tip' by the classic "upsell").
I just would not recommend this restaurant to anyone who knows anything about authentic
Italian cuisine and for what you pay here, it is defintely not recommended - this is just an honest review from someone who lives in this area. I'm sorry - there are no really good Italian Restaurants in the area, unless you come to my house for dinner, ;-) manja!

3 Thank SalesHyattPlaceSAV
A TripAdvisor Member
“Bellissimo!”
Reviewed February 22, 2006

Superb food, delightfully prepared and served with panache. (John Evan was our waiter) Inventive cuisine specializing in traditional and original recipes. The Osso Buco is amazing! Save room for dessert; it's remarkable and delicious. Great wine list.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member