“Always a wonderful dining experience”

Nazzaro's Italian Cuisine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Since 2000, we've been serving traditional and innovative Italian-American cuisine with the integrity and warm hospitality only a neighborhood restaurant can offer. We have since become an Island institution and we are proud of the fantastic following we've had all of these years. If you are new to Nazzaro’s Italian, welcome! We look forward to having you at our restaurant.Want to escape to Tuscany but can’t? Then run over and enjoy our sights, smells, and tastes for a mini escape.When does a restaurant become more than just a great meal? When does eating out become a great experience? From the beginning, our passion for food and wine has guided our mission - conserving traditions and modernizing concepts with quality being our top priority. The waiters and bartenders, whom you will know by name, are always affable and ready to please. The ambiance in our Bar is lively and trendy, as we have always considered social interaction and fun to be an integral part of the dining experience. Come enjoy the warm, comfortable environment that our Main Dining Room provides which invites friends and family to relax and enjoy each other over a great meal, it's a little celebration of the good things in life, every day. Taste the excitement of St. Simons' authentic Italian restaurant. We'll pleasure your palate with a dozen types of pasta dishes as well as sumptuous chicken, veal, steak and seafood. Our tantalizing desserts complete a meal made notable by superb service. Enjoy nightly fresh seafood specials such as Hazelnut Encrusted Snapper, Blackened Mahi Mahi and local Georgia sweet Shrimp.Enjoy our new full service bar with an extensive wine list. Bar Hours have been extended....we will stay open as long as we have bar mates!!!! In addition to a new bar, we now offer an outside seating area. Take out, and children's menus also available. Reservations suggested. We offer a private dining room that provides the perfect setting for your wedding rehearsal dinner, group meeting, family reunion, or other event. Your group of up to 30 can have privacy, and comfort while dining at Nazzaro's.Join us for an unforgettable evening and let your taste buds dance! We welcome you to come and enjoy your next meal with us. We love what we do and so will you!Rich Nazzaro, Co-Owner & SommelierJohn Wirtz, Co-Owner & Chef
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Always a wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Nazzaro's is my absolute favorite Italian restaurant on St. Simons Island. Having lived here for about 8 years, I've pretty much tried all the restaurants, and Nazzaro's is one I always think of when I want a wonderful meal and dining experience. Richard, the owner, has created a restaurant that is elegant but not stuffy, with a warm, cozy Tuscan ambiance - and a menu that offers something for everyone. The food is always consistently delicious. I have to maintain a gluten free diet, and I'm able to do that without a worry at Nazzaro's. Richard and his partner John ALWAYS accommodate my dietary needs, and as a result, I'm able to enjoy scrumptious Italian dishes - truly a special treat because often in restaurants, my "safe" gluten free meal is a plain chicken breast and baked potato. Not at Nazzaro's! They do their best to adjust their dishes to be gluten free - and even offer gluten free pasta. I'm a risotto lover, so I always order that. Deeeeelicious! Richard is getting ready to expand his restaurant with a new, beautiful bar area. I can't wait! It will be a wonderful place to enjoy a cocktail and some lighter fare. Love, love, love this restaurant!!

2 Thank Germaine P

Georgia
“Enjoyed everything...”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant with really good food. We went with friends and had a blast. The service was great for our large group and timely. We'll be going back!

2 Thank MufeGwen
“Overpriced and over rated”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We were the only ones in the restaurant for the first 45 minutes we were there. The food was expensive. My daughter and I shared a meal. There lasagna tasted like a frozen dinner.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank irishrose2112
Macon, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious secret”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This place is underadvertised, like a secret. Nothing about it seems beachy or St. Simons yet it is a must!
If you hate Italian food or great service, don't come here.
That is all I need to say except for a shout-out to Patrick!!! He is awesome!!!

1 Thank C_S_Macon
Ringgold, Georgia, United States
“An Excellent Restaurant!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I went to Nazzaro's with three family members. We were seated immediately and were served promptly by our waiter. Our waiter, Patrick, was excellent. He was extremely knowledgable on the menu, and gave us recommendations to specialties of the house, daily specials, and his personal favorites. Our drinks were always full. The food was excellent. It was very authentic Italian food. We enjoyed it very much. For dessert, we ordered the banana caramel zango for dessert. It was wonderful! There was plenty to share between the four of us. It was the specialty of the house, a dish the house was known for. We knew why after we ate it. Overall, Nazarro's was an excellent restaurant and I would recommend it to anyone.

2 Thank Justin H