“second chance and strike two.”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Looking for a good supper of steak and this time the sirloin was just as bad as the prime rib we got at a different location, another time. Servers ok...took a long time when there didn't seem to be many customers around 6 pm. We'll find a different place for steak in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

If you just don't know any better, you'll think Outback has the best steak on the island. You're wrong. I've eaten here a few times and each time I ask myself why. The service is spotty at best. Some servers are great and seem to care about your dining experience while others seem to be half asleep. The portions are small and consequently over priced. The food for the most part is bland in its attempt to appeal to a mass market. The steaks are relatively small - I would love an opportunity to weigh the filet before they are cooked as they seem much smaller than advertised. So small bland over priced steaks are the norm yet there is a line out the door every weekend night? I can only assume that they just don't know there are better steaks and much tastier food available at the many locally owned establishments on the island. I will say this though, Outback does have an excellent bar with tasty drinks. I would suggest Bennie's Redbarn, J Macks or even Bonefish for a better dining experience while visiting St. Simons.

1  Thank JeffKJr
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stopped for a quick dinner after a very long day and got very good service-but food was below average for an Outback.
Steak was very good-but smaller than normal. Shrimp were good-but only got 4! Where were tomato's with salad?
Good service balances out so-so food, but only once!

1  Thank HappyCamper32789
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Everything we had was great, the waitress was extremely friendly. Just took a little too long to get our main entree. Would visit this location again.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went to Outback this past Sunday night hoping to get a nice steak dinner. The place was fairly empty (after all, we did get there at 5:00 pm), yet we were seated in a section that was close to the bathrooms. Our waitress was friendly, but it was immediately apparent that she knew nothing about the menu or alcoholic drinks. We ordered a Bombay Sapphire and tonic and a Wild Turkey and water and I could tell she had no clue as to those call brands. I saw her writing them down and so I said "just tell the bartender - he'll know what they are". Well, I don't think the bartender (if there was one) got the message, because the gin and tonic was definitely not made with Bombay Sapphire and didn't even come with a lime.

When taking our order for the entree, she didn't know the menu well enough to realize that my husband was ordering one of the standards - 6 oz. Filet and grilled Lobster Tail. She wanted to know the size of steak he wanted, how many lobster tails he wanted and how he wanted them cooked. We shouldn't have had to recite the menu to her. I don't mind her asking for clarification, but she should be quoting the menu to us, not the other way around.

We could tell this was headed downhill and decided to just get up, pay for our drinks and leave. The manager was called to the front and offered to wait on us herself. I appreciate her willingness to do that, but waiting on folks isn't her job. Training wait staff is her job. One comment made was that for the most experienced servers, we should sit in the bar area. Well, we didn't know that ! and were seated by the hostess, so the "choice" wasn't ours. I do want to say that we were not charged for our drinks, but that was fair as we had only taken a couple of sips.

I guess we're spoiled by the many other great restaurants on the island, and decided that we didn't want to support a place that can't even properly take an order. We probably won't be back for a very long time. We've eaten at this particular Outback four time now and have only had the great experience that we believe they are capable of on one of those times.

2  Thank ChrisSnellville_GA