“Not as good as we remember”
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I went to The Crab Trap because we had enjoyed it the last time we ate there. (However, that was in 2005.) The food wasn't as good as I remember. First off, I was bummed because they didn't have the rock shrimp. I don't know whether they were out, or if it wasn't in season. All the waitress said was that they didn't have any. I ended up getting the broiled shrimp and deviled crab and it was good. My husband on the other hand, didn't care for his meal at all and didn't even finish it. On our next visit to Saint Simons we plan on trying another seafood restaurant.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The hubby and I only ordered the appetizer portion of the fried shrimp and fried oysters and didn't bother ordering anything else because both were so bland and tasteless.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I ate at The Crab Trap, on St Simons island, because we thought it was a good restaurant. I ordered fried shrimp. Mind you, the Crab Trap is on St. Simons island on the coast of Georgia. My shrimp had little to no taste. I have had Ga white shrimp before and this was not it. This shrimp tasted like it was imported from a shrimp farm over seas. A friend of ours that ate at the Crab Trap a few months before we went, told me when we got back, she had the Crab Soup at the Crab Trap . She said it tasted like it came from a can. She asked the waitress where the soup came from. The waitress told her it came from a can. YUCK!!! To be fair, there is another Crab Trap on Fernandina Beach, Fl and I really enjoyed eating there. But, as far as the Crab Trap on St. Simons Island, your money and appetite would be better satisfied at Iquanas or The Frederica House which both serve fresh Georgia white shrimp that were fished right out of the coastal waters that day.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This used to be our favorite seafood restaurant in the area, but the last time we were there all six of us were sick for several days afterwards, and none of us had the same thing . . .

It has really gone down in every way except the prices. We scratched it off our list.

2  Thank ClaireDeLand
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We came here after seeing the prices ar Crabdaddy.'s next door. However, what we got was definitely not worth $17 a plate! The soft drinks are watered down. Mt diet coke tasted like colored water. When we pointed this out to our waitress she didn't do anything until we said something again. The she just brought us water but still tried to charge us for the soft drinks. My dish had about 6 shrimp in it. That came with nearly burnt french toast and coleslaw. Not worth $17! My daughter had a good amount of boiled shrimp which was served with shrimp sauce and a container of butter, not melted butter. Who dips their shrimp in congealed butter? Will not eat there again.