“Great Seafood in Relaxed Setting”
Review of The Crab Trap

The Crab Trap
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had dinner here with friends. The food was excellent and the staff was very friendly. The crab chowder is delicious!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Staff was nice enough
crab soup not tasty
fried shrimp were small and bland
salad had brown spots
fried mahi mahi tough and bland
sorry not worth it - has to be better than this on St Simons

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Ate here years ago and was fortunate enough to go back this weekend. Love The Crab Trap. Fortunately, at the end of Sept. there was no wait. I know that's not true during the summer. Wonderful, well informed waitress. Got cold beers, peel and eat shrimp, a crab cake, cheese grits and my friend had the mahi mahi special, grilled shrimp and a sweet potato. All of it was delicious. Just like I remembered from 30 years ago. We were staying on Jekyll but decided to eat on St. Simons because we love The Crab Trap.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I don't often take the time to review restaurants but this place made me so angry I was compelled to write so others would not WASTE their time or more importantly their MONEY in this dump! The plates are so old and are the wood ones NOBODY uses anymore because they are unsanitary. The salad had three huge onions thrown on top and a package of broken saltine crackers...really...you didn't notice you were serving me sawdust not a cracker. I asked the server about their steak and she said "people come here for our steak". It was the butt of a cow. It was tough,dry and fatty. The condiments are served in plastic cups which wouldn't be so bad if you we're charging at a different price point. $24 for a steak that was maybe a $6 cut of meat. There are too many restaurants that DESERVE your business. THe Crab Trap is NOT one of them. It's Denny's quality food with fine dining prices. PLEASE don't dine here. I hope to see them out of business the next time I am on the island . I was horrified at our $70 check for such a horrible meal. I want my money back!!!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Neat little place with holes in the middle of tabe for trash. Had a party of 4 everyone enjoyed their dinner. I had the fried shrimp umm umm good!