“EXCELLENT”
Review of Bennie's Red Barn

Bennie's Red Barn
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Bennie's Red Barn, the oldest privately owned restaurant on Saint Simon's Island! Nestled between beautiful live oaks, Bennie's has been a favorite of locals and tourists since 1954. No visit to the Golden Isles is complete without a visit to Bennie's! At the Red Barn you can enjoy steaks grilled to perfection over an old-fashioned open oak flame, seafood, chicken, or spaghetti in a classic, family-friendly setting. If you had visited us back in 1954, you would have enjoyed the best steak and seafood served in the Golden Isles. Some things never change! Our steaks are still cut fresh and cooked over an old-fashioned wood fire and our fresh, local seafood is brought in daily. The Club at Bennie's is a rustic, indoor and outdoor venue located just next door to the Barn. Enjoy a cocktail at our famous TREEBAR or watch the game on either of the 2 big screens. Two outdoor fireplaces and multiple heaters will keep you warm in the winter while the ice cold beer, ceiling fans, and AC will cool you in the summer. The Club is southern casual and ready for your party, but we can help you gussie it up for a more formal event. Experience an Island tradition at Bennie's Red Barn! We look forward to serving you soon.
Reviewed January 12, 2011

I loved eating at the Red Barn,the food was delicious,the service was great,I had the calamari and it was great,I ate the brownie sundae for dessert,and it was delicious!,if you are at St.Simons, I recommend eating at Bennie's Red Barn!

Reviewed October 22, 2010

Bennie's Red Barn is a place that is a true island tradition. Beside the fact that the steaks are great, the seafood wonderful, and the fried chicken amazing, it is the long standing tradition of this place that keeps the locals standing in line or booking way ahead for holidays or special occasions. My grandparents brought my mother to Bennie's, my parents brought my sisters and I, my children have now grown up with Bennie's. That is four generations is you count them. The salad that some reviews complained about is tradition. My grandmother used to call it slick salad. Very simple and delicious. If you want to experience TRUE St. Simons at it's best, come to The Red Barn. I'll be there this Saturday night with my parent and children celebrating my birthday. And I'm sure we will all think of my grandparents and how much we enjoyed being together at Bennie's.

Reviewed October 10, 2010

We held my son's bachelor party at Bennie's last Friday. We had 90 guests. We offered them a choice of ribeye, chicken, or shrimp. The food was wonderful. The steaks were cooked to order and very tender; the shrimp was excellent and I heard many guests comment that the fried chicken was the best they had ever had. Everyone enjoyed the meal. We were able to be somewhat separated from the other patrons and our tables were festive. Chris and Ali were super in helping us to plan the party. The wait staff were professional, friendly, and mannerly. James was especially helpful and interested in helping us host the party.

The rustic atmosphere gave us the "casual" setting, for a formal dinner. We had eaten there on several occasions and always had excellent food. It's nice to be able to have a local restaurant instead of a chain.

Everyone at Bennie's Red Barn helped us to look good and hav e a successful party.
Janet M

Reviewed September 25, 2010

The food was not good at all. I had the shrimp appetizer and the were VERY small and not fresh. Dinner rolls were stale and terrible. My husband ordered filet mignon and his steak arrived at the table in literally in less than 2 minutes!! We could tell it was already cut into. I make filets at home all the the time and no way can you make it in 2 minutes. The steak must have been someone's reject sent back to the kitchen. The salads were premade with lettuce and 2 small slices of tomatos and no choice of dressing, only italian put on in the kitchen. Terrible, terrible, terrible! Dont waste your time or money.

1  Thank Mmkern
Reviewed August 20, 2010

The food is no good. The restaurant is dark and dusty. The only good item that we had was the salad. We will not go back again.