“You need to try this”
Review of Bennie's Red Barn

Bennie's Red Barn
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Bennie's Red Barn, the oldest privately owned restaurant on Saint Simon's Island! Nestled between beautiful live oaks, Bennie's has been a favorite of locals and tourists since 1954. No visit to the Golden Isles is complete without a visit to Bennie's! At the Red Barn you can enjoy steaks grilled to perfection over an old-fashioned open oak flame, seafood, chicken, or spaghetti in a classic, family-friendly setting. If you had visited us back in 1954, you would have enjoyed the best steak and seafood served in the Golden Isles. Some things never change! Our steaks are still cut fresh and cooked over an old-fashioned wood fire and our fresh, local seafood is brought in daily. The Club at Bennie's is a rustic, indoor and outdoor venue located just next door to the Barn. Enjoy a cocktail at our famous TREEBAR or watch the game on either of the 2 big screens. Two outdoor fireplaces and multiple heaters will keep you warm in the winter while the ice cold beer, ceiling fans, and AC will cool you in the summer. The Club is southern casual and ready for your party, but we can help you gussie it up for a more formal event. Experience an Island tradition at Bennie's Red Barn! We look forward to serving you soon.
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I've been to almost all the great steakhouses in nyc and i'm not going to say this is better than those but i will say that the ribeye i had i enjoyed as much as any steak that i've ever had. The outside perfectly grilled well with great flavor but the meat itself was medium rare like i wanted it. The atmosphere is so informal and authentic. Never quite dined in place like this. And the prices are so reasonable! If i ever find myself back here again i would definately return. Some of the waiters sing also....

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My golf buddies and I ate there tonight, it's not your standard modern restaurant. Dim, checked tablecloths, local crowd, lots of pickup trucks, singing waiter, southern style vegetables, out in the country.
My pals had vegetable plates, collards, black eyed peas, butter beans, one had fried chicken, I had a nice 6 0z. filet. Pretty damn good, reasonable prices. One nit. They added and 18% tip because we wanted separate checks, I never like that unless it's a 10 person group, I know they really have to do it since only one crowd could ruin your night if they stiff you. Try it, just don't expect fine china and harp music. Bob Ross

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Steak was cold. Server got drink orders wrong. Took way too long for good to arrive. Way overrated for what we got. This is the second time I've eaten here and I will spend my money elsewhere from now on!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I really wanted to like Bennie's Red Barn. The service was excellent and the Raccoon drink was as good as advertised. Loved the waiter that went around singing at each table. Now, to the food. The food arrived so quickly that I have to suspect that the steaks were pre-cooked and just heated up for plating. My ribeye was only OK - a sort of thin cut with a lot of fat to carve out. The wife said her filet was just so-so. The baked potato was not very hot. I expect better for a pretty expensive dinner.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

...wrapped in bacon. Not to be missed! Not sure I have ever eaten a more succulent filet mignon. Next time we are going to try to get a seat on the couch in front of the roaring fire. This Yankee will be coming back for more Southern hospitality.

1  Thank Nils W