“Best on the island!!”

Delaney's Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fine Regional Restaurant Serving Fresh Local Seafood, Game And Traditional Favorites.
Reviewed August 26, 2006

Had dinner in this charming restaurant this past weekend. The fillet was outstanding as was the lamb. Bread is the best ever! And desserts were heavenly. All the locals are talking about this place. Seems they just got a new chef this spring---he knows what he's doing!!!!!

There are newer reviews for Delaney's Bistro

Reviewed July 10, 2006

We had a very nice meal at Delaney's Bistro. The prices are not inexpensive, but the food and service are both of the very highest quality. The night my wife and I went, there was an affluent older couple there, obviously locals and regular patrons. The husband shouted at his wife and they apparently left without paying. It was a bit embarrassing to watch and overhear, but did nothing to detract from our overall experience. Highly recommended, but a somewhat limited menu. They are also open for lunch. Reservations are essential for dinner due to limited seating capacity.

1  Thank mikefromgeorgia
Reviewed July 6, 2006

We held my son's wedding Rehearsal Dinner at Delaney's and it was exquisite! Tom Delaney is a master chef and the nicest guy! We had dinner there in March and booked the Rehearsal dinner right then. He closed the restaurant for us that night and worked with me over the phone on a menu that was beyond compare! We had complimentary drinks for the guests upon arrival and he had a beautiful bar with 2 nicely dressed servers outside to greet us when we arrived. We entered the beautiful, intimate and cozy restaurant and were seated for dinner. We had bottles of white and red wine on the tables which Tom chose himself to go with the food he was planning and everyone raved about his choice. We had 4 different appetizers to choose from, 4 entrees choices with salad and choice of 4 desserts and coffee. People are still talking about it. The waiters were courteous, friendly and fun. We were able to mingle and visit with family and friends and the kids did their gift presentations ... it was an all out wonderful time. I can't say enough about the quality of food ... the filet mignon melts in your mouth, the seafood is so fresh you'd swear it was caught out back, the veal supurb, the veggies, potatoes, salad and other sides were perfect. Tthe dessert was wonderful! It was such a pleasure to work with these people. They were so professional. You asked for something and you got it. Easy as that. I would highly recommend this place for dinner for 2, dinner with family or friends, a small party or an event like the Rehearsal Dinner we had for 51 .... they know how to do things! It came as a great relief after working with the excuses for professionalism and the disaster we had to deal with for the wedding at the Beach Bed and Breakfast ... and it is an evening none of us will soon forget!! I may not rush back to St. Simons Island because of the Beach Bed & Breakfast, but if I ever do get back I WILL RUSH to Delaney's for dinner!

4  Thank mmomom