“The best food on the island!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Delaney's Bistro

Delaney's Bistro
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“The best food on the island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

I continue to be impressed with the food, service, & atmosphere at Delaney's. I've eaten there several times, and I have never been disappointed. I take all of my out-of-town guests there, and the menu is varied enough for anyone's taste. The wine menu is excellent. Ask for Mark! He's my favorite. Also, I'd make a reservation because it is usually busy.

Athens, GA
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Great food and great service. Over a dozen specials and the waiter was very knowledgeable about all of them. The duck portion size was huge and it was delicious Twice as much duck as most restaurants. I had the lamb and it was 8 bones and was very good. A good wine list reasonably priced. An excellent meal for about $120 (including a good $45 bottle of malbec) for my wife and I. We left full and happy!!

Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Absolutely Amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

The Delaneys and their restaurant are absolutely amazing! What wonderful service, delicious food and a great atmosphere! We ordered the specials...grouper and salmon...cooked to perfection. And, dessert....creme brulee and key lime cheesecake...to die for! And the wine...a perfect selection by the host! Thank you Delaneys for a wonderful evening; we will be back soon! This restaurant is a must-visit for special occassions and a regular night out on the town!

• Visited July 2012
“Rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

My family and I made reservations for 8 on July 7th. We were only offered reservations at 6 or 10 pm. So we arrived at 6pm. The waiter seemed he was preoccupied and not interested in the service of his table. After the check was paid that included a heavy automatically added gratuity, my party was asked to leave because other Myers were becoming impatient waiting(10 minutes). Several in my party were still consuming expensive glasses of wine. And after paying close to 600.00 dollars, it wasn't to much to ask to be allowed to finish before being rudely "kicked out". You should learn to space your reservations better. Delaneys is only about soaking people for money....not customer satisfaction. Will never return and will discourage as many people as I can from entering this establishment. You may be a good chef,but you need to realize the reason for business sucess. Happy customers....you lost at least 8.....hopefully more. However, the water server was outstanding...he alone should have received the entire forced tip.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Landshark15
Macon, Georgia
“Fair!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Would not remotely put this in the stellar category! Average! For a local restaurant, it should serve more local dishes. Offered Maine Lobster. We are not in Maine . They didnt offer any local delicacies! Service was good.

• Visited July 2012