“Good food - long wait for dinner”
Review of Barbara Jean's

Barbara Jean's
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Carnesville, Georgia
“Good food - long wait for dinner”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We visited Barbara Jean's on St. Simons for dinner. Everyone's food was very good, which we expected since we have also eaten at the location on Amelia Island. However, it was an extremely long wait from the time we ordered until we received our food. When you have hungry folks, that's not such a good thing. Pricing is about what you would expect for beach locations serving seafood. I had the crab cakes, which are always delicious!

• Visited August 2014

• Korean first
Georgia Coast, Georgia
“Average at best”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

I had the coconut shrimp. They were encased in batter so thick that I found it very distasteful. I had to peel it off just to eat them. When the batter is so many times thicker that the meat, it just does not work(at least not for me). I would have sent them back, but we had already waited so long. My sides very but average as well( the mashed potatoes were not very warm but the red beans and rice was ok). Barbara Jeans's has a wonderful reputation, but they did not live up to it for me.

• Visited September 2014
Elberton, Georgia
“Good seafood”
Reviewed August 31, 2014

We enjoyed our meal. Atmosphere and location were excellent. I had a special of the day which was a crabcake and shrimp sandwich. It was excellent.

Visited August 2014
Ontario, California
“Pink turkey not for me”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Today> I ordered the turkey dinner, 2 pieces of sliced turkey on plate, 1 - partially PINK! I asked for manager, and she arrived fairly soon. I showed her and she wanted to know if she could bring me another piece. I said no (Really?? bring me "another piece" of most likely pink as well???? No thanks B-Jean!!!!). The manager did not offer anything else in consideration of my ordeal. Unfortunately, I had eaten a couple of bites prior to seeing the PINK MEAT!! She said, "I'm going back there and check it out".

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Thomas J
“Holy Greasy Spoon, Batman!”
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Barbara Jean's is clean, friendly, attentive, and offers a great selection of drinks and entrees.

Definitely not a place for the health conscious, but enjoyable as a "night off" from your diet.