“Great lunch”
Review of Barbara Jean's

Barbara Jean's
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
georgia
“Great lunch”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in here for lunch one afternoon. We didn't have to wait we were seated right away and our server was quick to take our drink orders. I had the grilled cheese with tomato and bacon and my husband had a burger. My grilled cheese was excellent, thick Texas toast sized bread, crispy bacon, and perfect amount of cheese to bread ratio. My husbands burger looked pretty good and was clearly made from scratch and not a preformed frozen patty. Great sweet tea and I got a to go cup to take with us. Nice restaurant, quick service, and good food all at a relatively inexpensive price.

• Korean first
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Best Crab Cakes Ever - To Die For”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Had lunch at Barbara Jean's. Barbara Jean and her husband were on site and very friendly. Service was excellent, and Crab Cakes were best we ever had. Crab Cakes are 92% crab, excellent seasoning and almost NO bread filling.
THIS IS A MUST HAVE. All sides we had were also excellent as was the basket of 3 kinds of homemade bread.

• Visited May 2014
GA
“Got to have the crab cake!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Barbara Jean is many times at the restaurant. They support the Land Trust by adding 25 cents to your bill unless you tell them not to. I think that is a great idea and the Land Trust has already saved much natural property. The crab cakes are so good here. I also had the coconut shrimp and they were good too. But the loaded baked potato is awesome!!!! Try it! The water has a funny taste in St. Simons and it is in all drinks with water. The restaurant to me is homey. I got to sit by the window and it was so pleasant to watch people come and go from that vantage point. Many people elected to sit outside as the weather was so nice. I ate here twice. The first time my server seemed to be new and had too many tables to watch after me. The second time I had a very attentive server. All the meals looked delicious but I especially went for the crab cakes. I get the smaller one.

palm coast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh crab cakes and pecan crusted chicken”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The best food ever. Plus great service and located on a beautiful island short walk to the pier.
Delicious crab cakes yummy pecan crusted chicken breasts with fascinating dipping sauce
Very good onion rings . Fabulous corn bread.

• Visited May 2014
Chicago, IL
“Best crabcakes”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food was great and arrived quickly. The crab cakes were HUGE, and FULL of crab meat...simply delicious!