“Good portions for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barbara Jean's

Barbara Jean's
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good portions for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

On a place like SSI, all the restaurants seem to be overpriced. This one is well priced for the portions. I got the chicken fried chicken and it was huge, in addition to the two sides and bread (3 types) that are included. You will leave stuffed in the belly and not broke in the wallet. The bill for my family was under $50 (2 adults/2 kids), that is $20-30 cheaper than the usual island restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
“After two days I'm still puzzled.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Decor is hideous but will please that certain 70's fanatic. I don't know what to make of the menu. Turkey and dressing, cajun shrimp and grits, seared fish - there is no genre for this menu. I had the shrimp and grits. I was expecting, well, cheest shrimp and grits with some andouille perhaps. I got a bowl of grits topped with this translucent-brown sauce and what I'd peg as some of those lowfat shrink wrapped sausages from the frig section of the supermarket. The shrimp were overcooked and curled up. The tastes in this dish, to me, were just incompatible. I think the dish probably has a fan or two but it borderline disgusted me.

Shrimp fritters were grainy, cornbread was dry. Chocolate 'stuff' was good. Service was excellent.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Georgia
“Gotta love the bread!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Barbara Jean's is often recommended, and it lives up to the hype. Good comfort food, clean restaurant, friendly service, and you've got to love the bread basket. Wheat rolls, jalapeno corn bread, and pumpkin bread come with your order. Yum. Get there early for dinner, though, or be prepared to wait. This place is popular.

New York City, New York
“We were taken care of right away. Not much of a wait for our meals. Food was tasty.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Friendly staff and patrons. Large food portions. Enjoyed the grilled salmon, and tuna, fried catfish and shrimp. Key lime tart was also very good though I had to take it with me since I was full.

Coral Springs
“A little disappointed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Four of us had dinner on a weekday night. Portions were very large, as were sizes of water and ice tea (which may have been best ice tea I've ever had). Food was a little disappointing - not bad, but we had items they were supposedly known for (including crab cakes)and had better at several other resturants in our Georgia vacation. Service was fine.

1 Thank mct3c