“Impeccable!!”

The Rooftop at Ocean Lodge
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our incredible Ocean View Restaurant and Lounge has an unparalleled view of the Atlantic from its rooftop setting. We are sure to become your favorite spot for friends and guests for a one of a kind culinary experience.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I recently celebrated my 40th birthday with several girlfriends at The Rooftop Restaurant. The food, drinks, service and views were impeccable, and we had a fabulous time. Can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The Rooftop at Ocean Lodge is across the street from the ocean. The views are great and the atmosphere, sitting out side, is very pleasant.
Although the menu is limited, the food is good, with ample portions. This was our second time to this restaurant and we were very disappointed with the poor service and lack of professionalism. Our drinks came with no coasters or napkins and the condensation was dripping on my leg. Our shared appetizer was delivered without plates to eat on, and we had to wait for our waiter to make one of his rare appearances to ask for them.
When our main course was delivered, I was without a knife because it was taken away with our appetizer plates. After a unreasonably long wait, our waiter showed up and I requested a knife. Five minutes went by and no one brought me a knife. My food was getting cold so I flagged down the manager as he was rushing by and asked for a knife.
It arrived shortly thereafter.
I asked for a second glass of wine which was delivered after a long wait.
Upon tasting the wine, I knew right away that not only was it not the same wine I was drinking, but it was on the verge of turning bad. I had to wait, without exaggeration, 10 minutes or so before our waiter showed up again. At that point I did not want the wine or a replacement and asked for my check.
This place has so much potential to be a go to place for us (we live locally) but it is in dire need of proper management and employee training.
It is unlikely that we will return

1  Thank Rick L
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Took out of town friends to dinner at 8:30 (reservations). Apps took over an hour. While we were waiting for them, our waitress said that we should go ahead and place our dinner order because "the kitchen is short a person and really slow". Well, another hour and we had dinner. The portions of the fish special revealed that their strategy is to serve a very small piece of fish, surrounded by a large pile of grits and greens, thereby filling you up. Total 2.5 hours and pretty hefty bill. Go here for ocean view and drinks, then to Halyards for dinner.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were advised strongly to go there to eat. The shrimp my wife had was overcooked. There are few choices for sides. The garlic mashed potato was dry, no gravy. I had short ribs which were good, no great, no gravy.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant has it all - great food, amazing views and ocean breeze, indoor seating as well if you prefer that. It is elegant but comfortable.