“Nice setting”

The Rooftop at Ocean Lodge
Cuisines: Bar, American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our incredible Ocean View Restaurant and Lounge has an unparalleled view of the Atlantic from its rooftop setting. We are sure to become your favorite spot for friends and guests for a one of a kind culinary experience.
Apopka, Florida
“Nice setting”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Top of the Ocean Lodge is beautiful. We didn't eat outside since the March weather was too chilly. But, al fresco is the way to go in nicer temps. Food was superb. A bit pricy but not outrageous. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2013
Brandy J, Manager at The Rooftop at Ocean Lodge, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide such nice comments for The Rooftop. We really appreciate your response and are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Jasper, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Beautiful venue! Wait staff was fantastic - there were 12 of us and she handled it beautifully!. Appetizers were 1/2 price as it was a Wednesday. Most everyone ordered 2 and it was almost bigger than a full meal. Crab cakes/fried green tomatoes app was out of this world.

Visited March 2013
Brandy J, Manager at The Rooftop at Ocean Lodge, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so very much for your positive review of the Rooftop. I am so happy to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed your experience and your dinner. I agree, the tomato and crab cake napoleon is excellent! Thanks again for your kinds words and we hope to see you again soon!
Massachusetts
“Fabulous Food, Amazing View and Then the Bottom Fell Out”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

On the occasion of my 60th birthday, my husband took me to one of SSI's best restaurants. The weather was perfect and the view stretched for, what seemed, a million miles. Once seated, our waitress took our drink order and promptly returned with our cocktails. She gave no indication of any problems in the kitchen or elsewhere. We then placed our order for an appetizer, which we indicated to her we would share. Twenty to thirty minutes passed before she brought our choice. As she dropped it in front of us, my husband indicated that we would each like our own plate, as we were sharing. We waited about 5 minutes and she never came back, so we ate our appetizer from the same plate. About a half hour later, she finally returned asking about more drinks and took our dinner order. Another 30 minutes or so passed and finally our salads arrived. My husband had to ask for clean silver, as it wasn't apparent to her she had taken his knife away after the appetizer. She asked us again about more drinks, and now we are hearing that the kitchen is backed up due to computer problems. More than 2 hours after our arrival, our meals finally arrived. After finishing our entrees, we asked for a decaf and a regular coffee along with dessert. Our waitress brought the regular coffee and cream and said she'd be right back. She brought no sweetners and no decaf and now told us again about the problems in the kitchen. As we waited for her to ...be right back...we watched as she went off and delivered dinners to another table. The regular coffee now getting cold, she finally comes back with the decaf. She still brought no sweeteners and no spoons. After a somewhat lengthy discussion on sweetner options, she finally brought it and placed 2 spoons on the table on top of a soiled napkin. Another +/-20 minutes passed and finally our desserts arrived. By the time our check arrived, our dining experience was, in every sense of the word, an experience! While the food was outstanding and the view was simply incredible, it had taken three hours for a 3-course meal! As for the check...3 Manhattans at 3 different prices. One at $8, one at $8.50 and one at $12! Needless to say, we complained to management. Again, we heard about their computers and the kitchen. You know what, not my/our problem! We were promptly handed two $10 discount coupons. Since we don't live on or near the Island, I'm not interested in discount coupons. And since this was a special occassion, I would like to remember it fondly. All and all, you'll love the food and you'll love the view, but they are clueless when it comes to dealing with a computer glitch. It would seem a restaurant of this caliber would have a Plan B in place for this type of problem. Instead, it seemed that their entire waitstaff was just running in circles. We'll think twice about ever returning.
PS -- Since I only ate half of my dinner, I asked the waitress to box the rest for me to take home. As she picked up my plate, I noticed she had a dirty plate from another table in her hand, which she placed directly under my plate with food I was hoping to eat! I brought it home and threw it in the garbage!

• Visited March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us online. I would like to sincerely apologize for the service that you received on your visit. Our printer system was having issues for a few days and I am sorry that it affected your service. I also would like to apologize for the performance of your server. I would love to know the name of your server so that I can speak with them, as the service that you received is not typical of the Rooftop. Again I apologize and would love it if you would give us another try. If you would like to give me a call about all the issues you experienced, our number is 912-291-4300.
Milford, NJ
“Lovely View, Light on Ingredients”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Food was mediocre at best, drinks OK, stingy portion of wine, very little Tequila in my Margarita. Caesar salad was very nicely presented, Vegetarian Fettucini had virtually no vegetables, some tiny diced carrots and a few small diced pieces of the stem of an asparagus. My husband's Fettucini Alfredo had small shrimps and scallops. Service was not professional. Would not eat there again even though the view was lovely.

Visited March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I apologize that your dining experience was not a good one. We are making new changes to our summer menu and staff and I would love it if you would try us again. Thanks again for your review and I hope that you would try dining at the Rooftop in the future.
Mableton, Georgia
“WE REALLY HAD A GREAT TIME!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

As one of the top choices in the St Simons area, I felt the restaurant was good, but not really great. There are many positives for the restaurant, including the view, the ambience and the excellent service. However, I was bit disappointed in the amount of selections. Our party of 5 ordered various selections, primarily seafood, and everyone thoroughtly enjoyed their meal. Even though the number of selections were limited, in my opinion, they featured tasty and well prepared local cuisine. However, I would recommend an expansion in the number of the side orders. The restaurant is a great place for a romantic evening.

• Visited February 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I apologize that you felt the selections were not wide enough. We are launching our new summer menu soon and I would hope you would give the menu another try. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit and the items that you ordered were tasty. Thanks so much for your comments and I hope to see you again soon on the Rooftop!