“View, Service, and taste”

The Rooftop at Ocean Lodge
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our incredible Ocean View Restaurant and Lounge has an unparalleled view of the Atlantic from its rooftop setting. We are sure to become your favorite spot for friends and guests for a one of a kind culinary experience.
Lexington, South Carolina
“View, Service, and taste”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had a wonderful dining experience here. This was our 'splurge night' as it was a little pricey, but we did have a bottle of wine. My only negative, I would not get the pecan encrusted fish. The breading was just too heavy. I removed it. My husband got a delicious medium cooked salmon and it was wonderful. next time I will know

Visited October 2012
Brandy J, Manager at The Rooftop at Ocean Lodge, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your dinner. Also thank you for your feedback on your entrees. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oklahoma
“Great, as usual”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The food is as good as the view. The place was packed but the hostess found us a spot. The bartender knows how to make a drink and the food is first class.

Visited October 2012
Brandy J, Manager at The Rooftop at Ocean Lodge, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate your kind words and look forward to your next visit.
florida
“The food was delicious!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I will drive to St. Simons just for the food at The Rooftop at Ocean Lodge! We had a 3 course meal and everything was cooked perfect. The service was good and our food came out timely. Loved it!

Visited October 2012
Thank you so much for your recent review and positive feedback. So glad to hear you had a great experience! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
atlanta, ga
“Awesome view, Awful service”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went to twice and attempted to enjoy a meal last weekend at the Rooftop. Both nights were very crowded and service was totally inadequate and made our experience miserable. There were constant errors in orders, cold and inconsistent food and intolerable waits! Even if the food had been good the service would spoil any chance of enjoyment. Go early and enjoy view ( it is truly a beautiful view)-if lucky you can get a cocktail-no guarantee- go to bar yourself as we had to do to get a bottle of wine. No wonder this was only place we could get reservations at a late date. I KNOW -fool me once........ We really did give them a chance

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank doctortravelgeorgia
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your feedback as it will only help us to do better in the future. I would like to apologize for your past experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and fell short on your visit. Since your visit, we have implemented changes in order to insure great service even on busier nights. I do hope you will give us another try and look forward to seeing you soon.
New Jersey
“Compares to a 5 star restaurant in New York City”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Living near the city, we are spoiled with many 5 star restaurants. The Rooftop restaurant was recommended to me by a local who gave me a pedicure. We decided to go for cocktails, but liked it so much that we stayed for dinner that night, and came back the next. The food was exquisite; tasted delicious, portions were perfect and nicely displayed, and the service was friendly, staff seemed proud to be a part of it - all for reasonable prices. We would highly recommend it.

Visited October 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I am so happy that you had a wonderful time at the Rooftop. Your kind words are very much appreciated. I am glad to hear the food was excellent and staff was great. Please come again soon!