“Wish I had tried this sooner!!”

Sal's Neighborhood Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Come on in and join us and become part of Sal's family! On behalf of my staff and I we will do everything we can to make sure you enjoy your meal and time with us! It's a family tradition that goes back to our roots in Italia! So come on in and break bread with your family, friends, and myself along with my wonderful staff for a dining experience unlike any other you will find! We will do everything we possibly can to ensure that you are completely happy! So come on in and see why Sal's "Neighborhood" Pizzeria is truly the place; "Where new faces become old friends and our family tradition is to serve you the very best you food you can find"! Mangiare bene e godere! (eat well and enjoy!)
Reviewed December 24, 2015

I have lived here almost 5 years. I heard about Sal's but never visited. Last night, my wife suggested we go try it. That was a GREAT suggestion!! This place is incredible!! The food is out of this world and the atmosphere is wonderful. Sal was throwing pizza dough in the air while singing Christmas Carols. We will be back for sure!! The best pizza we have EVER eaten. The cheesecake.....WOW!!!!! You have to try Sal's!!

2  Thank Steve U

Reviewed December 15, 2015 via mobile

There's a reason people stand in line to get a table at Sal's. The biggest reason is because Sal is usually inside, greeting customers and running everything with efficiency and a smile. We've tried many of the items on the menu, and have never been disappointed. The New York style pizza, whether you choose one of the specialty ones on the menu, or create your own, have consistently been outstanding. The tomato sauce is perfect, as is the crust, cheese and toppings. The cheese bread appetizer with marinara will give you a quick idea of what to expect. The nightly specials have always been good as well, because it's all based on great recipes and fresh ingredients. Best times to avoid lines are 2-4pm or after 8pm.

2  Thank Kevin H
Sal C, Owner at Sal's Neighborhood Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2015

I want to "Thank you" Kevin for your kind words and for choosing to join my staff and myself at Sal's! We will always do our very best to ensure that you and your party along with all of our guests are pleased with there dining experience! It comes from my and my staffs heart. We want you to be pleased 100% of the time! Molto Grazie! We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Ciao! - Sal

Reviewed December 12, 2015 via mobile

Wonderful ambience and friendly atmosphere. The staff were delightful. Food was delicious. Pizza as it was intended to be made.

Thank you Nathan for letting myself, my staff, and the public know about your pleasurable dining experience that you recently had with us! We do our very best to make sure that you are pleased! It is my staff and family's culture to make sure we are consistently meeting and exceeding your expectations for great food, great service with a smile, and to enjoy your time with us because we enjoy serving you! Thank you again! Ciao! - Sal

Reviewed December 9, 2015 via mobile

From the moment you walk into Sal's you will be treated like family-Italian Family! This is an adorable little trattoria with great pizza and the best Eggplant Parm you will ever taste!Great gluten free pizza also! If you are lucky Sal will sing for you! Don't miss this place and come early because there are always lines before it opens!

1  Thank Drtamaragrosz
Sal C, Owner at Sal's Neighborhood Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2015

Thank you so much for you kind words that you have chosen to share with the public! We are very glad that you and your family have become a part of our family at Sal's! You get it! This is how I was raised as a first generation Italian American. When you walk through our doors, we want you to be a part of us and be happy and satisfied 100% of the time! Yes again, we are a true Trattoria that would define us as a informal, inexpensive family style Italian Restaurant that specializes in good old authentic home style Italian dishes along with our award winning pizza's! We look forward to your next visit and let me know your favorite song and I will sing for you! Molto Grazie! - Sal

Reviewed December 2, 2015

If you're on St. Simon's Island you have to come to Sal's. The food is great, especially the pizza. It's a bit of a New Jersey, neighborhood, Italian pizza place transplanted to Georgia via Sal who is a show himself. The man loves what he does and sings along with the "Four Season's" or Frank Sinatra or whatever music is playing at the time. We have to stop at Sal's each time we visit SSI. Don't miss this fantastic food and fun. Indoor and outdoor seating but get there early on Friday and Saturday nights.