“Worth Seeking It Out”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This small restaurant clearly cares about what they offer. The service was excellent, and the food was really, really good. I had the grilled asparagus salad with shrimp and my husband had the burger which was huge. The iced tea was perfectly brewed, and we were well taken care of.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

In the midst of touring St. Simon's Island, we stopped here for a quick, light lunch on the recommendation of a local. While it did seem a bit pricey, the shrimp Caesar salads we both had were delicious and we both ended with happy plates. The romaine was lightly grilled, the dressing was lightly applied and the grilled shrimp were wonderfully seasoned and delicious.

This is a local, unpretentious cafe and we were glad we ate here.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was not happy with our lunch at this café in the village area of Saint Simons Island. It’s not often I feel this poorly about a local eatery. In my opinion the prices were high; the food so-so with little in the way of garnishes or side portions but the chef’s attitude was what most disturbed me.
My mother ordered a BLT and I noticed that her tomato had large unripe white areas around the center. It had obviously not been trimmed properly. Since she is 92 years old, I offered to cut her sandwich for her and in the process trimmed away several large pieces of unripe tomato. I left them on the plate.
I told the waitress to tell the chef that the tomato had not been trimmed properly. There was no response from the kitchen so when we were done, I brought the plate to the register and showed the staff the large pieces of unripe tomato. The chef came out and I explained that I would never allow this to be served this way in my home. He became immediately defensive and made several statements: “ I can’t be responsible for every slice of tomato”, “Everyone makes mistakes” “Are you never wrong?”. He left in a huff. And I left determined never to return even though I live less than a 5 minute walk from this business!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Small and cute with very lively local artwork everywhere. Cheerful staff. I was taken by a resident who I'd considered the best southern cook ever. She believed that the fried shrimp at Mallery's was better than hers- and she was right.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was not a disappointment! Arrived just in time to snag the last table. Shortly after people were lined out the door. I had the eggs benedict - fantastic!!! Hubby had the shrimp and scallop omelet and a biscuit. All great and a superb staff as well!